Safeguarding your privacy is very important to us. We take seriously the collection of any personally identifiable information and personal contact information (“personal information”) from our visitors and are committed to respecting your privacy and keeping your personal information safe.
Who We Are +
Cahaba Media Group, Inc. owns and operates the following sites: CahabaMedia.com, PumpsAndSystems.com, ConstructionBusinessOwner.com, HomeCareMag.com, RV-Pro.com, and TheShopMag.com (collectively referred to in this statement as the ‘Website’).
What Personal Information We Collect About You +
We collect personal information about you when you:
- subscribe to receive a magazine or e-newsletter
- register for a webinar
- purchase an item from the online shop
- apply for employment with us
- sign up for special events
- respond to a survey
- request our media kit
- request pricing information about advertising
- sign up for sponsored articles or publications
- download white papers
- sign up for certain contests
- telephone, write, contact us online or text us or otherwise provide us with your personal information
For magazine subscribers, newsletter subscribers and website visitors of our publications, the data we collect is usually limited to information such as your name, occupation, company name, industry, communication preferences, email address, postal address, and IP address.
For advertising clients and prospects who purchase advertising from us, we may, in addition to the above, collect other information such as telephone number, mobile number, date of birth, bank account details, or credit card information necessary to process purchases.
On certain sponsored content items, advertisers may request certain additional industry-specific information, in order to tailor their marketing to you with your consent, which will be disclosed on the form required to download the piece of content.
Our websites also automatically collect information about your use of the websites, such as:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers;
- Usage data, such as click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service; and
- For location-aware services, the physical location of your device.
We do not collect sensitive personal information. We will only collect personal data with your consent, and clear notices will be provided on applications for publications, surveys, events and other relevant forms and communications, so you know what information we need and why we need it.
How We May Use Your Information +
The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected and used, but will in most cases fall into one of the following categories:
- where you have provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way
- where the processing is necessary to carry out for the performance of a contract with you
- where the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation; or
- where it is in our legitimate interests to perform our functions, for example, sending you administrative communications
We may use your personal information to:
- allow access or delivery and process or fulfill an order or transaction;
- Offer you customized content and individualized personalization of the website to make it more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Enhance and improve the website, such as add new content and features;
- Provide you with technical, product and other support and help to keep the website working, safe and secure; and
- Identify, analyze and evaluate usage, including for the purposes of research, audits, reporting to third-party content providers.
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Enhance and improve our products, events and services and develop new ones;
We use service providers to help us provide you with our services, including:
- Google Analytics–for web traffic analytics
- DoubleClick–for Publishers Small Business
- PulsePoint–for web ad serving
- Pantheon–for web site hosting
- Omeda–for subscription database and email
- Microsoft Outlook 365–for email
- Mailchimp–for mass emails
- ReadyTalk–for webinar hosting
- Mirabel Technologies Magazine Manager–for Customer Relationship Management
- Media Radar – for advertising sales intelligence and prospecting
- Creative Data Services–for reader service inquiries
- Various telemarketing vendors–for subscription renewal calls in US only
- Intuit–for credit card processing
- Intuit Quickbooks – for accounting records
- Paypal–for online purchase processing
- Signet Research – for administration of reader surveys
- Litchfield Group, Inc. – for administration of reader surveys
- BPA Worldwide – For third party auditing of our audience metrics
We may give relevant persons within these service providers access to your personal information, but only to allow them to perform their services for us.
We may disclose your personal/sensitive personal information when required to by law, for example, as a result of a subpoena or court order. Further, we safeguard the sharing of such information by using formalized information sharing agreements with organizations where appropriate, or on an ad hoc basis after ensuring the request and disclosure are legally compliant.
To make an online payment by direct debit or payment card, you will be directed to a payment gateway which uses security features and encryption to ensure your data remains safe.
We offer the use of Paypal and Intuit Merchant Services for some of our products and services, and have payment gateways operated on behalf of and under contract to us by service providers. Further information about the collection and use of your data will be provided on the relevant payment gateway for you.
Where you give us your consent, we will also use your personal data in order to send you marketing communications in connection with the following marketing and fundraising activities and services:
- Notify you about changes or updates and provide you with special offers, promotions, surveys and other information related to the website;
- Deliver advertisements and related promotional campaigns relevant to your interests;
- Conduct and administer surveys;
- Provide you with relevant special offers, promotions and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties such as industry associations and sponsors; and
You decide how you want us to contact you, whether by mail, email or by phone or text message (SMS/MMS) and you can update your communication preferences at any time by telling us when things change. From time to time we will also send you a communication to update and refresh your communication preferences.
Cookies and Other Website Tracking +
Do Not Track Requests
Our websites are able to respond to Do Not Track requests from browsers, and we honor all such requests.
Visitors to our website
When someone visits one of our websites, we use a third party services, including Google and Omeda, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns.
Why do we collect website data:
- We do this to find out things such as how our website was accessed, and the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
- We may collect and provide aggregate information about our visitors to our advertisers, sponsors, promotional partners, and affiliates, such as how many persons visited a particular page or activity or the likes and dislikes of our visitors, but this information does not include personal information about any individual visitor.
- We may also obtain geographic information such as zip code clustering from other sources.
This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not allow third parties to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personal information through our website, we will make this clear and explain what we will do with it.
We also use click through and open mail tracking when sending emails so that we can check whether the recipient has opened an email, unsubscribed, or clicked on a link to our website. This enables us to assess the effectiveness of our email campaigns.
We ensure your data is kept secure by using up-to-date security features and procedures and we respect the privacy of all visitors to our website.
This privacy notice also applies to our associated websites:
Our website may also include links to other websites, not owned, associated or managed by the Cahaba Media Group. Whilst we try our best to only link to reputable websites we cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by sites not managed by us, nor can we accept responsibility or liability for them. For this reason you should consult the privacy notice on any external website you link to before you submit any personal information to those websites.
How We Keep Your Data Safe and Who Has Access +
We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details. For example our online forms are always encrypted and our network is protected and routinely monitored.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff, volunteers and contractors.
We use external companies to collect or process personal data on our behalf. We do comprehensive checks on these companies before we work with them, and put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements, especially regarding how they manage the personal data they have collect or have access to.
How Long We Hold Your Personal Information For +
We regularly review personal information we hold, and delete anything we no longer need. Information that does not need to be accessed regularly, but which still needs to be retained, is archived or placed offline.
Certain regulations we are subject to, including the United States Internal Revenue Code require that we keep records of financial transactions for seven years.
Certain regulations we are subject to in the United States of America require that we retain information on former employees for up to three years after termination of employment.
Information regarding current and former advertising clients is retained for two years after last contact to preserve records of communication, unless requested otherwise by the client. If a client asks to have their information deleted, all but a controlling record will be deleted.
Data on former subscribers is typically retained for up to two years after the subscribers subscription has expired, so that we do not make the mistake of soliciting that person again.
Keeping Your Information and Preferences Up To Date +
You can help us keep our records up to date by telling us when your contact details and other personal information changes. You can also change your mind at any time about how we contact you or ask us to stop contacting you altogether.
You may contact our Data Privacy Team using any of the methods below, and they’ll make the changes for you:
- Click this link to update your preferences
- call them at 205-212-9402
- email: email@example.com
- write to Cahaba Media Group at
- Data Protection Officer, GDPR request, Cahaba Media Group, P.O. Box 530067, Birmingham, AL 35253, USA
If you tell us that you no longer want to receive further contact from us, it may take a short while before our communications stop altogether as selection of information for our communications is done a few weeks in advance of mailing. If you request to receive no further contact from us, we will keep the information we hold on you and add you to our suppression lists to ensure that you do not receive unwanted materials in the future.
Access to Your Information, Correction and Erasure +
You have the right to see and access information contained in personal data we hold about you. If you would like to receive or transfer some or all of your personal information (called a Subject Access Request), please contact the Data Protection Team using one of the following methods:
- Click this link
- email: Dataprivacy@cahabamedia.com
- write to: Data Protection Officer, Cahaba Media Group, PO Box 530067, Birmingham, AL 35253.
Upon submitting a request for your information, we will respond with further instructions for how you may validate the proof of identity of the person making the request.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information you think is inaccurate by contacting the Data Protection Team at the address provided above.
You have a right to ask us to delete your personal data; however, this is not an absolute right. We can refuse to erase personal data which we need to keep (i) to comply with a legal obligation; and (ii) in relation to the exercise or defense of any legal claims. Please note, upon a request for erasure, we may also keep a minimal amount of personal data on an in-house marketing suppression file in order to comply with a request not to receive marketing.
Changes To This Policy +
How To Contact Us +
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please let us know by contacting us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: 205-212-9402
- Or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Cahaba Media Group, P.O. Box 530067, Birmingham, Alabama 35253, USA.