The 2023 SEMA Show TRIM Awards aim to shine a spotlight on exceptional vehicle builds, focusing on the interiors of cars, trucks, SUVs, and wagons exhibited during the show at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The TRIM Awards were created to celebrate the meticulous planning required not only to craft a custom vehicle, but also to seamlessly integrate the interior into the overall design, TMI Products representatives said.
Entered vehicles will be judged by a panel of experts and compete for awards in 10 categories, including:
- Best Car: Open to any car featuring TMI seats.
- Best Truck: Open to any truck featuring TMI seats.
- Best Custom SUV or Wagon: Open to any SUV or wagon, whether two-door or four-door.
- Best Full Interior: Open to any vehicle running a full TMI interior, including all available components from that model line.
- Most Creative: Awarded for the best use of patterns, colors, and overall execution.
- Best Color-Matching: Recognizing the best use of patterns, colors, and stitching that matches the vehicle’s exterior.
- Best Custom Car Interior (open to all Cars at the show): Can be any vehicle with any type of custom interior.
- Best Custom Truck Interior (open to all Trucks at the show): Can be any vehicle with any type of custom interior.
- Fan Favorite: Finalists chosen by TRIM Award Judges will be displayed on TMI Social Media channels for audience voting.
- Best of Show: Judges will vote on their favorite vehicle at SEMA 2023.
In addition to custom trophies, each winner will also receive prizes from TMI’s industry partners, including an invitation to the 2024 Barrett-Jackson Cup in Scottsdale, Arizona, courtesy of Barrett-Jackson, as well as prizes from Mothers Polish, FiTech, and Optima Batteries. Individual category winners will also be presented with a TMI $500 voucher, while the Best of Show Champion will receive a certificate for a complete TMI interior for their next build, valued at $10,000, the company said.
The TRIM Awards will be presented by a panel of industry experts, including:
- Kevin Oeste: Host of V8 Speed & Resto Shop and the voice of SEMA 2023.
- Sean Holman: Owner of Use For Adventure Agency and co-host of The Truck Show Podcast.
- Sara Morosan: 2021 SEMA Person of the Year, Ford Design award winner and owner of LGE/CTS Motorsports.
- Theresa Contreras: PPG Brand ambassador, Ford Design award winner and owner of Baja Forged.
- Marcel Venable and Jason Mulligan: Co-owners of Auto Revolution and Car Guy Confessions, representing the custom automotive video team.
To submit a vehicle for the TRIM Awards, the vehicle must be on display at the 2023 SEMA Show and registered with TMI. Judging will begin on Oct. 31. TMI Interiors are not a requirement. The awards ceremony will take place at the TMI Products Booth No. 24477 at 12 p.m. on Nov. 1 in the Central Hall. Winners must be present during the ceremony.