Called the TRIM Awards, the program will highlight vehicle builds at the 2022 SEMA Show with a focus on the interior of each entrant.
“TMI is the leader in creating complete interior components that are ready to install and wants to recognize all the hard work that these builders have put forth in building these visual masterpieces,” TMI representatives said in a statement announcing the awards. “The SEMA show is known for having the best of the best vehicles on display, and their choices for interiors are something to behold. A finely appointed vehicle can truly be elevated if the interior is on par with the rest of the vehicle.
“Since SEMA is a collection of the best vehicles that the automotive community can offer, TMI wanted to recognize the best of those vehicles and what the owners chose for their interior. The TRIM Awards were created to recognize the forethought that it took to not only create a finely crafted custom vehicle but to incorporate the interior into that design. Since the TRIM Awards will be given outlive at SEMA 2022, only the most detailed and creative interior installs will be considered.”
Each individual category winner will receive a $500 voucher, and the “Best of Show Champion” will receive a certificate for a complete interior for their next build (value of $8,000) that can be used to purchase TMI interior products, the company said.
A panel of aftermarket industry insiders, including the TRIM Awards Host Kevin Oeste of V8 Speed & Resto Shop, will judge the competition, TMI said. Sean Holman, content director of the Truck and Off-Road Group at Motor Trend and the co-host of The Truck Show Podcast, Sara Morosan, the 2021 SEMA Person of the year, multi-Ford Design award winner and co-owner of LGE/CTS Motorsports, Theresa Contreras, PPG Brand ambassador, Multi Ford Design award winner and co-owner of LGE/CTS Motorsports, and Marcel Venable and Jason Mulligan, co-owners of Auto Revolution on Amazon Prime, will serve as the panelists.
To enter your vehicle, you must have a vehicle on display at the 2022 SEMA Show. The awards will be given away on stage in the TMI Booth during the week of SEMA at the TMI booth, located in the Central Hall, booth #24477, at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday. In order to accept a trophy, participants need to be present during the awards ceremony.
TRIM Awards Categories include:
- Best Car – Open to any car that features TMI seats
- Best Truck – Open to any truck that features TMI seats
- Best SUV or Wagon – Open to any SUV or wagon, either two-door or four-door that features TMI seats
- Best Full Interior – Open to any vehicle of any type that is running a full interior. A full interior includes all the available components from that model line
- Most Creative – Best usage of patterns, colors and overall execution
- Best Color-Matching – Best usage of patterns, colors and stitching that matches vehicle exterior
- Best Custom Car Interior (open to all Cars at the show) – Can be any vehicle with any type of custom interior
- Best Custom Truck Interior (open to all Trucks at the show) – Can be any vehicle with any type of custom interior
- Fan Favorite (Chosen on social media) – Finalists that the TRIM Award Judges have chosen will be displayed on the TMI Social Media channels (Facebook and Instagram), voted in by audience
- Best of Show Champion – Judges will vote on their favorite TMI-equipped vehicle of SEMA 2022 and crown it with the TRIM Award’s highest honor
All vehicles must be registered and at the 2022 SEMA Show and registered with TMI. Judging for the TRIM Awards will begin Nov. 1.
Click here for more information.