The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) today announced the Top 12 finalists in the sixth annual SEMA Battle of the Builders competition, the event that determines the builder the aftermarket community considers best.
The 2019 SEMA Battle of the Builders competition began with nearly 300 vehicles entered into the annual competition by vehicle builders and car customizers from across the United States. These builders represent an elite group of individuals who have demonstrated extreme talent, creativity and craftsmanship in modifying cars, trucks, and SUVs.
The 2019 Battle of the Builders Top 12 finalists are:
- Eric Peratt — 1936 Ford roadster
- Gary Corkell — 1932 Ford Phantom
- Jim & Mike Ring — 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
- Edison Sarkisyan — 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder
- Louie Shefchik — 1968 Iso Rivolta
- TJ Russell — 1991 Porsche 911
- Darin Smith — 1972 Chevrolet C-10 shortbed
- Erik Barnlund — 1972 Ford Bronco
- Randy Borcherding — 1955 Chevrolet truck
- Brad Swaney — 1971 Chevrolet C-10
- Kyle Ray — 1988 BMW E30
- Luke Merrill — 1940 Chevrolet two-door sedan
Industry experts narrowed the field to select the Top 12 finalists, who will now judge one another on Friday at the SEMA Show and vote to determine who will be named the Ultimate Builder of the 2019 SEMA Battle of the Builders competition.
The SEMA Battle of the Builders winner will be announced at SEMA Ignited, taking place after the trade-only SEMA Show closes, on Friday, Nov. 8, from 3-10 pm , in the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) Platinum Lot, located on the east side of LVCC (on Swenson Street, between Desert Inn Road and Sierra Vista Drive).