One Lap participants begin and end the event in South Bend, Indiana, following a circuitous route including stops in South Carolina, Alabama and Kansas.
“We’ve had a great relationship with DEI for 20 plus years and we’re looking forward to another great year with them as a sponsor,” event founder Brock Yates said.
Over the seven days of competition, drivers will test their overall skills in a variety of challenges including skid pad, autocross, drag strip, racetrack and highway transit, event organizers said. Teams are self-managed, have no support crews, and must start and finish on the same set of tires.
“We are excited to be a part of this annual historic event,” said Will Farkas, Social Media and Sponsorship Coordinator at DEI. “It really is a true test of endurance and vehicle preparation, and we’ll be offering a discount on our products for all 2022 One Lap of America race teams.”
The event begins April 30 with driver registration and concludes May 8. Enthusiasts can follow along on Facebook and/or through available livestreams.
The full 2022 schedule is:
- April 30 – Tire Rack Wet Skid Pad (South Bend, Indiana)
- April 30 – Grissom Air Force Base (Peru, Indiana)
- May 1 – Nashville Superspeedway Roval Course (Gladeville, Tennessee)
- May 2 – Carolina Motorsports Park National Standard Track (Kershaw, South Carolina)
- May 2 – Lanier Speedplex Oval (Braselton, Georgia)
- May 3 – Barber Motorsports Park (Birmingham, Alabama)
- May 4 – Hallett Motor Racing Circuit (Jennings, OK)
- May 5 – Heartland Park Grand Prix Course (Topeka, Kansas)
- May 6 – Putnam Park Road Course 10 Turn Long Course (Mount Meridian, IN)
- May 7 – Tire Rack Dry Skid Pad (South Bend, Indiana)