The St. Ignace Visitors Bureau today announced the return of its award recognizing automobiles showcased at the 45th annual St. Ignace Car Show Weekend, June 25-27, the organization announced.
The Pfaff Designs St. Ignace Cup will be presented by AMSOIL during the Sunday Winners Circle Awards ceremony. This is the second year that hot rod designer and builder Murray Pfaff of Pfaff Designs will be supporting the St. Ignace Car Show event team. “I want to help ensure that the St. Ignace Cup becomes a treasured award for automotive enthusiasts across the country for years to come,” stated Pfaff. “St. Ignace is the big show with small-town charm. Showcasing beautiful vehicles right along the shore of Lake Huron is a winning formula for exhibitors and spectators alike”.
“AMSOIL enjoys supporting talented builders and automotive enthusiasts everywhere,” said AMSOIL Events & Trade Shows manager, Patricia Stoll. AMSOIL is committed to leading the way in synthetic lubricant product development and innovation that resonates with high-performance cars and trucks.
St. Ignace Visitors Bureau director and car show manager Quincy Ranville is excited about the return of the cup. “It’s very exciting to be able to attract top show cars from across the country” said Ranville. “I am so happy we have the support of AMSOIL and Pfaff Designs. I am also proud St. Ignace offers the only peer judged car show in the country with a cash prize that is the largest for an outdoor car show.”
St. Ignace Cup Details:
- Majority of competing vehicles to be submitted by owners or invited prior to the show
- Maximum of 20 vehicles invited to compete by Murray Pfaff of Pfaff Designs and judging panel.
- Five to 10 vehicles to be selected at show to round-out field of competing vehicles
- All 25 to 30 vehicles will be displayed in special feature area
- Only customized vehicles are eligible for selection.
- Vehicle owners must be willing to display their vehicles outdoors during show hours.
- The final “St. Ignace Six” will be selected by St. Ignace judging panel
- Final winner will be selected by vote of the St. Ignace Six car owners (or builder surrogate) and two St. Ignace judges to win $5,000 prize!
- Remaining five participants will each receive $500 and plaque. Winner to receive specially designed & crafted Pfaff Designs “St. Ignace Cup”.
If you have a customized vehicle you would like to have considered, you can send three to four quality photos including under-hood, interior, trunk and under car to [email protected] or mail to:
St. Ignace Visitors Bureau
6 Spring Street, Suite 100
St. Ignace, MI 49781