Ram has introduced the 2025 Ram 1500 with an all-new 3.0-liter Hurricane engine family, the automaker announced.
“The new 2025 Ram 1500 brings our customers more: more power, more performance and more fuel efficiency with our all-new 3.0-liter Hurricane engines,” said Tim Kuniskis, Ram brand CEO – Stellantis. “With a choice of new and proven gas engines or our upcoming electric truck offerings, Ram is built to serve truck buyers everywhere. Our new powertrain offerings add to the unique combination of bold styling, leading-edge innovation and technology, durability and capability Ram customers have come to know and love.”
The 2025 Ram 1500 offers customers three engine options, including the all-new 3.0-liter Hurricane and 3.0-liter Hurricane High Output (H/O) Straight-Six Turbo (SST) engines from the Stellantis Hurricane Twin-turbo family, and the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 eTorque. The all-new 3.0-liter Hurricane engine is rated at 420 hp and 469 lb.-ft. of torque, while the High Output engine is rated at 540 hp and 521 lb.-ft. of torque. Capability includes a maximum towing capacity of 11,580 lbs., a maximum payload of 2,300 lbs. and up to 24 inches of water fording, Ram said.
An all-new, premium Tungsten model joins the 2025 Ram 1500 lineup, which also includes Tradesman, Big Horn/Lone Star, Laramie, Rebel, Limited Longhorn and Limited models. Later in 2024, the new Ram 1500 RHO off-road-focused model will join the lineup with the 540-horsepower Hurricane H/O.
The all-new 3.0-liter Hurricane engines join the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 in the Ram 1500 lineup, Ram said, with all three engine options paired with a TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission.
The foundation of the Hurricane engine is a deep-skirt cast-aluminum block with a structural aluminum alloy oil pan. The engine uses cross-bolted steel main bearing caps to contain the rotating assembly of a forged steel crankshaft and forged steel connecting rods. During manufacturing the block is deck-plate honed to optimize the cylinder bore shape, which helps improve fuel efficiency, Ram said.
Other features to increase power include:
- Two low-inertia, high-flow turbochargers, optimized for each engine, feed three cylinders for rapid response to throttle inputs
- Plasma transfer wire arc (spray bore) coating in the cylinder bores for an ultra-thin, low-friction wear surface
- High-pressure (5,075 psi/350 bar) direct fuel injection
- Engine-mounted water-to-air charge cooler with a dedicated cooling circuit
The 2025 Ram 1500 also features a new high-torque rear axle to enhance ride quality for trucks equipped with the 3.0-liter Hurricane H/O engine, Ram engineers said. Available in two-wheel drive or four-wheel drive, a traditional open or limited-slip differential divides torque among the rear wheels to maximize traction available at each wheel, while an electronic locking rear differential is available.
The pickup rides on a double wishbone front suspension and five-link solid rear axle with an available active-level, four-corner air suspension. The adjustable air suspension enables up to five different modes: entry/exit, aero, normal, off-road 1 and off-road 2.
Design updates for 2025 include new LED headlamps, including twin bi-functional projector headlamps, standard on Limited and up, and a new grille, available in eight different designs as dictated by the particular model. The R-A-M badge has also been updated.
A body-side character line stretches from front to rear, while the bed and cab are sub-flush to reduce aerodynamic disturbances. All-new taillamps with a jeweled appearance across the lineup, including LEDs with Blind-spot Monitoring are available on select models.
New for 2025, the Ram 1500 offers a power open/close tailgate with obstacle detection. When equipped, the key fob now includes a button to lower the tailgate. A multi-function tailgate continues to be available, in addition to lockable bed storage and a 115-volt outlet. The RamBox cargo management system includes weatherproof, lockable, illuminated and drainable storage bins built into the bed rails. Available with RamBox is a pickup bed divider and cargo rail system with four sliding, adjustable cleats.
The 2025 Ram 1500 is available in the following colors: Diamond Black, Bright White, Ivory White Tri-coat, Delmonico Red, Flame Red, Hydro Blue, River Rock, Baltic Grey and Billet Silver.
The new 2025 Ram 1500 Tungsten model aims to offer an ultra-premium experience for Ram customers, the company said. The all-new Ram 1500 Tungsten includes an all-new power tailgate, a premium LED taillight design and a contemporary R-A-M badge.
Tungsten’s Indigo/Sea Salt interior includes new platinum patina/semi-bright dual-textured metal accents, featuring diamond knurling, suede-wrapped headliner, A- and B-pillars and visors, and heated and ventilated premium quilted Natura Plus leather driver and front passenger seats with 24-way power, including memory settings and a massage function, power lumbar support and four-way powered headrests, Ram designers said.
Other features include a Tungsten badge on the center console featuring inlaid metal lettering and diamond knurling, which also displays the vehicle identification number or VIN, brushed platinum patina aluminum litho bezels, a crystal-effect shifter center cap, a Klipsch Reference Premiere audio system with 23 speakers, dual wireless chargers and a metal pedal kit.
In addition to the new Tungsten model, other colors and materials seen throughout the 2025 Ram 1500 lineup include:
- Bighorn/Lone Star features a new Gridiron paint with laser etching decorative trim accents on the dashboard, doors and console and new Gear Embossed seat insert accent material in Diesel Gray or black
- Laramie features new Chevron film decorative trim accents and a new optional Bison Brown/Sea Salt Gray two-tone interior in addition to the standard black interior
- Rebel features a new red/black ombre mesh insert material on the standard cloth/vinyl seats
- Limited Longhorn features the new Barn Wood 45 open pore real wood veneer with sawcut effect. Longhorn is exclusively available with the all-new Bison Brown monochromatic interior and massaging front seats
- Limited features new Black Ebony open pore real wood veneer decorative trim accents. In addition to the standard black monochromatic interior, Ram 1500 Limited features a new optional black/ebony red interior color package and massaging front seats
Other features include a push-button trailer steering knob and an accessory switch bank that, when equipped with the 14.5-inch touchscreen, uses full-time dedicated buttons on the bottom of the touchscreen combined with conventional physical controls.
The new 2025 Ram 1500 is also equipped with a 12-inch or new 14.5-inch touchscreen display and the Uconnect 5 system.
Other available features include:
- Active Driving Assist
- Hands-free Driving Assist
- On-board power inverter
- Digital rearview mirror with tow mode
- 10.25-inch passenger screen
- Full-color Head Up Display (HUD)
- 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster
- Dual wireless phone charging