Honda recently introduced the all-new Prologue, the automakers’ first all-electric SUV.
The SUV will be available beginning in 2024 with MSRP expected to start in the upper $40,000s, Honda said, and will have an estimated EPA-rated range of 300 miles.
“The arrival of the all-new Honda Prologue is a pivotal moment for the brand as Honda begins the transition to our zero-emissions future,” said Lance Woelfer, assistant vice president of Honda National Auto Sales, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “Prologue is aptly named as our first volume Honda EV, a stylish, sporty and spacious SUV that will take us toward our vision of 100% zero emissions vehicle sales by 2040.”
Prologue is built on a new electric vehicle platform and multi-link front and rear suspensions optimized by Honda engineers. Honda will offer Prologue in both single-motor (front-wheel-drive) and dual-motor (all-wheel-drive) configurations with three trim levels – EX, Touring and Elite.
Two-wheel drive models are powered by a front-mounted single motor. Prologue Elite features standard all-wheel drive (available on EX and Touring), which adds an additional motor in the rear. This dual motor arrangement generates an estimated 288 hp and 333 lb.-ft. of torque, Honda said.
For recharging, the Prologue offers DC fast charging at rates up to 155 kW. Prologue’s 85kWh lithium-ion battery pack can recharge 65 miles of range in about 10 minutes, Honda estimates.
Prologue’s dimensions, including its 121.8-inch wheelbase, position the SUV alongside the Passport in Honda’s light truck lineup. Prologue is about 8-inches longer and 5-inches wider than the CR-V.
Standard features include the latest digital services technology and features with Google built-in, and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
Targeting IIHS Top Safety Pick+ and NHTSA 5-star ratings, Prologue comes standard with the Honda Sensing suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies, including Honda’s first applications of Rear Cross Traffic Braking, Blind Zone Steering Assist and Rear Pedestrian Alert.
Key Prologue Features:
- Anticipated EPA range rating of 300 zero-emission miles
- Sporty, modern, spacious and comfortable interior
- Standard 11-inch digital instrument display
- Standard 11.3-inch HD touchscreen with Google built-in, wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto compatibility
- State-of-the-art electric vehicle platform
- Available all-wheel drive
- Available 21-inch wheels and tires
- Available self-sealing tires
- Available Sport driving mode
- Standard Honda Sensing system, plus new Rear Cross Traffic Braking, Blind Zone Steering Assist and Rear Pedestrian Alert