Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions has opened the submission period for its annual Wrap Like A King Challenge. The vehicle wrap competition will run July 9 through Sept. 14. The contest includes Regional Wrap Kings, Continental Wrap Kings and the crowning of the King of the Wrap World at the SEMA Show.
Wrap installers from 53 countries across the globe can submit commercial, full print or color change wrap projects to be judged to win thousands in prizes. The prize packages for 2018 are worth a combined total of over $30,000, available to Regional Wrap Kings, Continent Wrap Kings and the King of the Wrap World.
More than 50 installers entered the Challenge last year.
“Wrap Like A King is a strong representation of our commitment to the vehicle wrap community and its astonishing creativity,” said Jeff Losch, marketing director of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions. “We aim to make the most efficient, appealing vinyl wrap products, and rewarding the most impressive wraps from our talented customers is a tradition that maintains our focus on where the industry is heading.”
Participating nations make up twelve geographic regions across the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea. Wrap installers in these regions will submit projects featuring Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping Film, the Conform Chrome series, the ColorFlow Series, MPI 1105 Supercast Digital film or a combination of car wrap films to be evaluated against their regional peers by a panel of judges.
The 12 Regional Wrap Kings win almost $2,000 worth of personalized marketing materials, Avery Dennison product, SEMA passes and more, according to Avery Dennison. They will go on to battle for royalty on their continents, North America, Europe, North Asia and Australia/New Zealand. The overall winner will be chosen by the judges as the best in show and crowned the King of the Wrap World at the SEMA Show set for Oct. 30 through Nov. 2 in Las Vegas.
The Wrap Like a King judges panel includes:
- Justin Pate, The Wrap Institute-Pate is an Avery Dennison certified installer/instructor in the U.S. He leads the Avery Dennison North America hands-on car wrap workshop and certification program and is co-owner of The Wrap Institute.
- Myles Kovacs, DUB Magazine-Kovacs is the president and co-founder of DUB Magazine, a U.S.-based magazine that focuses on the urban custom car culture and celebrities and their vehicles.
- Jun Kinoshita, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions-Kinoshita is the sales manager for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions in Japan. He introduced the Certified Wrap Installers training program to Japan and worked together with Justin Pate on the training course.
- Mark Richardson, Elite Wraps and Vehicle Graphics-Richardson is the director of Elite Wraps and Vehicle Graphics in the United Kingdom. He has been in the sign industry for 24 years and the wrap industry for 15 years. He is a trainer for Avery Dennison, running workshops in Northern Europe.
- Alain Carcat, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions-Carcat works in technical sales support for the south region of the Avery Dennison Europe customer base. He’s worked with Avery Dennison for 25 years in product management, sales and training in countries such as France, Italy, Spain and Portugal.
- Molly Waters, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions-Waters is a senior technical specialist in North America with over 19 years of industry experience. Waters often visits sign and wrap shops around the region, talking with customers about the car wrap industry. She also frequently contributes to the Avery Dennison blog.
- Peter Wright, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions-Wright is a technical marketing manager and works with the industry’s leading installers, teaching vehicle wrapping workshops and promoting the industry in Asia.
- Marco Kimme, German Wrapping Association-Kimme is a founding member and chairman of the German Wrapping Association (GEWA). GEWA created a wrapping standard for its members in Germany, and the association offers a qualification and examination system, as well as services to support installers’ daily operations.
The four continent winners will receive a four-night stay in Las Vegas for the 2018 SEMA Show, where the King of the Wrap World will be announced. The $3,200 prize pack for continent winners also includes personalized Wrap Like a King swag, $500 in gift vouchers, a Race Ramp product and a variety of promotional and marketing tools for the winner’s wrap shop, according to Avery Dennison.
The King of the Wrap World grand prize package is worth almost $5,000, with additional gift vouchers and exposure via the Avery Dennison website and web advertisements.
Car wrap installers are encouraged to enter a vehicle wrap project using Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping Film or digital Supercast films at avydn.co/WLAK2018. Official rules, judge bios and prize information are also posted on the site.