More than 50 industry leaders are slated to appear at the Women with Drive Summit II, scheduled for Oct. 5-6, at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Women in Motorsports, the organizers of the event, announced.
The sold-out event will feature speakers such as 7-time NASCAR Champion Jimmie Johnson, NASCAR President Steve Phelps, and IMSA President John Doonan among others, as they present stories of challenges, successes, best practices and strategies for achieving diversity and equity for women in motorsports, organizers said.
Topics such as “Cross Over Skills”, “How Do You Do It All”, “Sustainability”, “Emerging Markets”, “The Educational Pipeline” and the “Global Impact of Women in Motorsports” are a few of the subjects to be discussed.
Other industry leaders scheduled to speak at the second annual event include:
- Lisa Boggs, Director of Motorsports, Bridgestone/Firestone
- Kelley Earnhardt Miller, Co-owner, JR Motorsports
- Jill Gregory, General Manager, Sonoma Raceway
- Linda Lindquist-Bishop, world champion sailor and bridge builder, President, Courageous Thinking
- Mike Mooney, motivational speaker, Chief Shift Officer, Mooney Consulting Group
- Connie Nyholm, President, Virginia International Raceway
- Beth Paretta, President, Paretta Autosport
- Victoria Thomas, Co-owner, Kelly-Moss Racing
- Krystal Wrigley, Chief Fuels Technology Engineer, ExxonMobil
- Gillian Zucker, President of Business Operations, LA Clippers
Co-hosting the event are Sports Broadcaster Amanda Busick, WIMNA Co-Founder Lyn St. James, and GSEvents President Cindy Sisson. Charlotte Motor Speedway CEO Marcus Smith will welcome and open the sold-out event.