The University of the Aftermarket Foundation board of trustees has elected its slate of officers for fiscal year 2018. Veteran aftermarket industry executive Robert Egan will serve as chairman of the foundation.
Egan retired from Federal-Mogul in 2015. During his 36-year career, he held a series of executive roles of increasing responsibility, most recently serving as senior vice president, sales and strategy. He played an instrumental role in the growth of Federal-Mogul, helping the company become one of the largest suppliers in the aftermarket, according to the foundation.
Egan has been an active industry participant throughout his career. He is served as chairman of the Auto Care Association, Automotive Sales Council and Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association and Business Forum. In 2008, Egan was recognized as Leader of the Year by the Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA).
Egan replaces outgoing Chairman Rusty Bishop, AAP, CEO of Federated Auto Parts. An official confirmation vote was held during the University of the Aftermarket Foundation annual board of trustees meeting, and the following officers were elected:
- Senior vice chairman-John R. Washbish, president and CEO of Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance
- Second vice chairman-Larry Pavey, president of Federated Auto Parts
- Treasurer-William Maggs, president and CEO of National Pronto Association
- Secretary-Joe Pomaranski, senior vice president and general manager of global aftermarket for Tenneco
In addition, the following individuals will serve on the University of the Aftermarket Foundation board of trustees in the coming year.
- Doug Arnold, Robert Bosch LLC
- William Babcox, Babcox Media
- Jim Buzzard, The Clay Buzzard Family
- Michael Cardone III, Cardone Industries
- Jeff Darby, Dorman Products
- Mark Drennan, ACDelco
- Philip Halberg, Federal-Mogul Motorparts
- Bill Hanvey, Auto Care Association
- Cliff Hovis
- Pete Kornafel
- Bill Long, Motor and Equipment Manufacturers Association
- Dave McColley, Affinia Group Inc.
- Roger McCollum, N.A. Williams Co.
- David O’Reilly, The O’Reilly and Wooten Families
- Chris Pruitt, East Penn Manufacturing
- Jack Ramsey, Gates Corp.
- Mort Schwartz
- David T. Segal, Automotive Distribution Network
- Dan Sheehan, Dayco Products LLC
- Eric Sills, AAP, Standard Motor Products
- Scott Thompson, Epicor Software Corp.
- Chuck Udell, Morris/Rupp McCartney Education Trust of APSA