The Wards 10 Best Engines and Propulsion Systems for 2020 model year vehicles were recently revealed, along with the fact that parts manufacturer Tenneco supplied engine technologies for all ten engines and propulsion systems on the list
“We’re proud to contribute to the success of these engines that have been recognized as Wards 10 Best Engines & Propulsion Systems,” said Rainer Jueckstock, executive vice president, Tenneco and president, Powertrain. “As a global leader of powertrain solutions, we remain committed to helping our customers develop engines that deliver optimal fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance vehicle performance.”
2020 award-winning engines featuring Tenneco technologies include:
- BMW 3.0L DOHC Turbocharged I-6 (BMW M340i)
- Daimler 3.0L DOHC 48V Turbo I-6 (Mercedes-Benz GLE450)
- FCA 3.6L DOHC 48V eTorque V-6 (Ram 1500)
- Ford 2.3L DOHC High Performance Turbo 4-Cyl. (Mustang)
- GM 3.0L DOHC Turbodiesel I-6 (GMC Sierra)
- GM 6.2L OHV V-8 (Chevrolet Corvette Stingray)
- Honda 2.0L DOHC Atkinson i-VTEC 4-Cyl./HEV (Accord Hybrid)
- Hyundai 150-kW Propulsion System (Kona EV)
- Hyundai 1.6L DOHC Turbocharged 4-Cyl. (Sonata)
- Nissan 2.0L DOHC VC-Turbo 4-Cyl. (Altima)
Tenneco’s Powertrain business provides a wide range of components for these engines, including pistons, piston rings, cylinder liners, valve seats and guides, engine valves, engine bearings, ignition products, heat shields, seals and gaskets and systems protection products.
The winning automakers are honored at the Wards Auto Engine & Propulsion Summit in Detroit.