Roland DGA has announced its 2018 schedule of Born to Wrap workshops. The interactive two- and one-day classes are designed to help vehicle wrap designers, installers and shop owners take their abilities and operations to the next level, according to the company.
The hands-on workshops, sponsored by Avery Dennison, will be led by the vehicle wrap professionals from Louisville, Kentucky-based Digital EFX Wraps.
Roland DGA also will be partnering with several of its resellers to offer classes throughout the U.S. The 2018 schedule will include workshops at Denco in Portland, Oregon, Consolidated Color in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, Mac Papers in Orlando, Florida and Lithia Springs, Georgia, along with classes at Roland DGA’s corporate headquarters in Irvine, California, the Roland East Coast Imagination center near Boston, the Richard Childress NASCAR racing team campus in Welcome, North Carolina, and the Digital EFX Wraps facility in Louisville.
This year’s schedule features 10 Born to Wrap Basics and Beyond workshops, which are two-day classes that provide a comprehensive overview of the vehicle wrap process and running a successful wrap shop; as well as a specialized one-day Business & Design class focusing on the marketing and operational aspects of a wrap business.
Participants in all Born-to-Wrap classes also will receive instruction on getting the most out of Roland’s advanced wide-format digital printing equipment for complete wrap and vehicle graphic applications.
“These workshops are ideal for anyone seeking to learn the ‘ins and outs’ of vehicle wrap,” said Matt Richart, co-owner of Digital EFX Wraps. “Within the course of just a couple of days, attendees can acquire the kind of knowledge and technical expertise that took us many years to acquire in the field. We combine classroom education with hands-on instruction in a ‘real world’ shop environment to deliver a truly unique learning experience. Attendees walk away with a wealth of skills and knowledge they can begin applying immediately within their own workplaces.”
The complete 2018 Roland Academy Born-to-Wrap workshop schedule includes:
- March 6-7-Wrap Basics & Beyond at Image 1 Impact in Rancho Santa Margarita, California
- April 3-4-Wrap Basics & Beyond at Denco in Portland, Oregon
- April 17-18-Wrap Basics & Beyond at Digital EFX Wraps in Louisville, Kentucky
- April 19-Wrap Business & Design at Digital EFX Wraps in Louisville, Kentucky
- May 15-16-Wrap Basics & Beyond at Richard Childress Racing Campus in Welcome, North Carolina
- June 5-6-Wrap Basics & Beyond at Mac Papers in Orlando
- July 18-19-Wrap Basics & Beyond at Consolidated Color in Elk Grove Village, Illinois
- Aug. 7-8-Wrap Basics & Beyond at Roland DGA Headquarters in Irvine, California
- Sept. 18-19-Wrap Basics & Beyond at Roland DGA Imagination Center in Wilmington, Massachusetts
- Oct. 2-3-Wrap Basics & Beyond at Mac Papers in Lithia Springs, Georgia
- Nov. 6-7-Wrap Basics & Beyond at Richard Childress Racing Campus in Welcome, North Carolina
For more information on the Roland Academy Born-to-Wrap workshops, or to register online, visit rolanddga.com/rolandacademy.