Murray Pfaff and Pfaff Designs have redesigned a retired police car for the upcoming Detroit Autorama, the builder said.
With all of the popularity of backwoods overlanding, Pfaff set out to answer the question of what an urban overlander might look like, he said. Called “Urban Decay,” this Chevrolet Tahoe benefits from upgrades to enhance the vehicle, which will serve double duty as the Pfaff Designs mobile entertainment hub at car events across the country.
The redesign starts with a set of Detroit Steel Wheel Delrey 20-inch rims, Belltech lowering struts, a Lund front bull bar and an ARE Ascend roof basket hosting KC Hilites off-road lights. Axiom Graphics is responsible for the Pfaff Designed wood grain-turned industrial metal sheeting on the flanks. Inside, the Tahoe is outfitted with Katzkin leather seating and a Kicker audio system. The former police cruiser is also equipped with an MRT Performance exhaust, a JMS Chip Pedal MAX to improve throttle response and EBC Brakes rotors and pads.
Urban Decay will debut in The D Lot presented by AMSOIL at the Detroit Autorama April 30–May 2.
Full list of modifications:
- AMSOIL – fluids
- A.R.E. – Ascend Roof Basket
- Axiom Graphics – Vinyl wrap & signage services
- Belltech – Lowered Suspension
- Detroit Steel Wheels – 20” Del Rey rims
- Hellwig – Sway Bars
- Husky Brands – Floor Liners
- JMS Chip – PedalMax
- Katzkin – Leather Interior
- KC Hilites – Offroad Lighting
- Kicker – Media Center, Speakers, Sub, and Amp
- Lund – Bull Bar
- MRT Performance – Cat back 304 stainless exhaust system
- Pilot Transport – transportation services
- TredWear Tire Graphics – permanent tire graphics