The NMRA Ford Nationals will return to action in 2022 with six all-Ford national events markets across the eastern United States, organizers announced. The national Ford motorsport event series hosts thousands of participants each year with championship street-car drag racing, True Street challenges, specialty shootouts, car shows, celebrity appearances and more, NMRA officials said.
“It was refreshing to get back to normal in 2021 after we successfully navigated through the global pandemic in 2020, and we’re excited to reveal our 2022 event schedule,” said Rollie Miller, general manager and national event director of the NMRA Ford Nationals. “Next season is consistent with our traditional schedule with the addition of Rockingham Dragway as the new home of the NMRA/NMCA All-Star Nationals. That’s the third new host track we’ve added to the schedule in as many years.”
The NMRA officially kicks off the season with the Spring Break Shootout, held at Bradenton Motorsports Park. The second tour stop is Rockingham Dragway, the new home of the NMRA/NMCA All-Star Nationals in April. World Wide Technology Raceway, just outside of St. Louis, continues to host the NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street-Legal Drag Racing. A month later, the traveling Ford motorsport show returns to Summit Motorsports Park in Ohio with the Ford Performance Nationals. Then it’s back to US 131 Motorsports Park for the NMRA/NMCA Power Festival in July followed by a break leading up to the NMRA World Finals and Holley Intergalactic Ford Festival. This annual festival includes the culmination of championship drag racing, street car shootouts and True Street, along with professional and amateur drifting, autocross, off-road course and an all-Ford car show.
2022 NMRA Ford Nationals Schedule
- March 3-6, 2022 — 28th Annual NMRA Spring Break Shootout — Bradenton Motorsports Park, Bradenton, FL
- April 21-24, 2022 — 14th Annual NMRA/NMCA All-Star Nationals — Rockingham Dragway, Rockingham, NC
- May 12-15, 2022 — 17th Annual NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street-Legal Drag Racing — World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway, Madison, IL
- June 9-12, 2022 — 22nd Annual NMRA Ford Performance Nationals — Summit Motorsports Park, Norwalk, OH
- July 21-24, 2022 — 2nd Annual NMRA/NMCA Power Festival — US131 Motorsports Park, Martin, MI
- Sept. 29 – Oct. 2, 2022 — 24th Annual NMRA World Finals + Holley Intergalactic Ford Festival — Beech Bend Raceway Park, Bowling Green, KY