New Category Added to SEMA Awards
Alongside awards for the car and truck of the year will be a new SEMA award category this year. When the association announces its annual awards on Oct. 29 from Las Vegas prior to the SEMA Show, the powersports vehicle of the year will be recognized for the first time ever.
Meanwhile, SEMA Show exhibitors have cast their votes and selected the finalists for the SEMA Award, an honor presented to automakers to recognize the most accessory friendly vehicles in five categories. The top three finalists in each category are:
- SEMA Car of the Year: Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang
- SEMA Truck of the Year: Chevrolet Silverado, Ford F-150, RAM
- SEMA 4×4/SUV of the Year: Chevrolet Tahoe, Jeep Wrangler, Toyota 4Runner
- SEMA Sport Compact of the Year: Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla Hatch, Hyundai Veloster
- SEMA Powersports Vehicle of the Year: Polaris RZR Turbo S, ROXOR by Mahindra, ROXOR Off-Roader, SHERP
Through the SEMA Awards, SEMA exhibitors that make the products and accessories for today’s popular models identify the vehicle platforms they believe are best for accessorizing.
For additional information about the SEMA Award program, visit sema.org/semaaward.