Mustang AE Delivers Test Stand for EV Manufacturer
Mustang Advanced Engineering (MAE) has delivered an end-of-line (EOL) test stand for Lion Electric, a manufacturer of zero-emission vehicles, the company announced.
The test stand is designed to perform quality control testing of on-road electric trucks and buses. The system performs performance testing, functional testing, visual inspections, and brake testing, MAE representatives said. The software will be configured to allow the operator to use a wireless tablet with integral bar-code scanner to communicate with the control system. The system will be equipped to communicate with the vehicle’s ECM to collect data during the testing process such as engine RPM, coolant temperature, charging status, and much more.
All data collected by the test system will be stored on the control PC and can be transmitted to the facility’s host computer if desired.
The chassis dynamometer is equipped with several features to meet the customer’s stringent testing requirements such as:
- Automatic pop-up restraints to increase vehicle throughput
- Additional base inertia provides superior drive-ability
- Integrated bogie roll set to allow testing of tandem axle vehicles
- Wheel protection and sound proofing around wheel areas
- Exhaust gas extraction for heater/generator
- Fencing around the dynamometer area for added safety
“MAE’s ability to provide sophisticated test stands in an extremely economical manner has led to another end-of-line test stand award from a major OEM” said David Ganzhorn, V.P. Sales.