Motul is celebrating its fifth year as the Dakar Rally’s official lubricant partner, and to commemorate the occasion, will debut a rally-inspired and customized 2022 Jeep Wagoneer, the company announced.
An homage to the 45th running of the Dakar Rally, Motul USA’s 2022 Jeep Wagoneer features a commemorative Dakar-inspired livery to highlight the brand’s fifth year as the “Official Lubricant” partner of the rally, the company said, as well a custom lift and other modifications. The modified Wagoneer will also appear at local off-road and desert racing events throughout 2023.
The Motul USA 2022 Wagoneer:
- 2022 Jeep Wagoneer Series 1 Carbide 4X4 with 5.7-liter eTorque Hemi, purchased through Motul racing partners Pfaff Motorsports and Driveway.com.
- Custom upgrades include a fifth-generation Ram 1500 3.5-inch ReadyLIFT suspension kit modified and installed by Rad Rides of Huntington Beach, California, along with custom-fabricated two-inch spacers in the rear.
- Matte black CHASE 18×8.5-inch wheels provided by Black Rhino Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich-provided 35×12.50R18 All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires.
- RIGd Supply UltraSwing Multi-Fit Spare Tire Hitch Mount for spare-tire storage on the rear.
- The Dakar-inspired vinyl wrap completed by Sticky Fingers Design of Huntington Beach, California.
- Future modifications will include an Area BFE Black Series aluminum hard-shell roof-top tent, a fridge/freezer, Gobi Racks Stealth Roof Rack and a rear ladder.
- Motul upgraded the Wagoneer fluids to Motul 8100 Eco-Lite 0W20 100% synthetic engine oil, with Gear 300 75W90 and Gear 300 75W90 LS in the differentials.
The Motul Grand Wagoneer is scheduled to appear at the following events:
- 2023 BFGoodrich Tires Mint 400 – March 8-12
- Overland Expo West – May 19-21
- Overland Expo Mountain West – Aug. 25-27
- eBay Motors Sand Sports Super Show – Sept. 15-17