Mercedes-Benz has revealed its new pop up camper van for the U.S. market.
Harkening back to the glory days of camper vans, Mercedes-Benz drew inspiration from illustrious models of the past while integrating the latest safety, reliability and convenience features to create a new modern pop top van.
The new camper vans are built by Driverge Vehicle Innovations, who are part of the MASTERSOLUTIONS program, in partnership with Peace Vans, one of the largest classic camper van repair and restoration shops in the United States.
The Weekender comes standard with the following features:
- An elevating roof with a sleeping area for two, including an integrated spring system, 2” memory foam mattress, 3 windows, and added USB ports for lights, charging and more.
- A multipurpose rear bench seat that opens into a bed for two. Additionally, when folded into the seat configuration, the seat moves along a rail position into four locations, allowing additional room for varying cargo needs.
- Swiveling front seats that rotate 180 degrees allow your van to quickly turn into the perfect multipurpose lounge. Whether doing work after getting off the trail, sharing a meal or playing cards– the reconfigured space with seats fully swiveled adds a whole new dimension to the experience.
- Standard on every Weekender package is a second battery to power your devices, light up your nights or suit any of your other campsite needs.
Optional features include:
- Off-Grid Power and Integrated Solar Panels.
- Upgraded audio and navigation features to improve your road trip experience.
- Various personalization options with 3M auto body wrap materials. The Weekender can be wrapped in any one of 200 available colors.
- 8’ awning for shade and rain protection
- Mosquito/bug screens for the rear hatch, and sliding doors
- A tent that quickly attaches to the rear lift gate for added space and privacy
- Roof Racks for hauling surfboards, extra storage or skis for the slopes
- A pullout rear kitchen