The Marion County Fair Association, in cooperation with Knoxville Raceway, has voted to cancel the remainder of the 2020 racing season, the Iowa dirt track announced.
“The health and safety of our fans, competitors and employees is our top priority,” said Brian Bailey, Marion County Fair Association president. “Several individuals tested positive for COVID-19 following our most recent race. In light of that information, we feel that returning to racing this weekend would be premature. Additionally, a large-scale event like the Lucas Oil Late Model Knoxville Nationals won’t be in the best interests of the track or the community at this time.
“None of us like to see the race season end this way, but we’re confident this is the right decision for all parties.”
The following events will be affected by this decision:
• Aug. 28 – Busch Light Night
• Aug. 29 – Iowa Corn Growers Association Districts 5 & 9 Night
• Sept. 17-19 – Lucas Oil Late Model Knoxville Nationals
• Sept. 25 – Knoxville Championship Series
• Sept. 26 – Knoxville Hospital & Clinics/Slideways Night
The 2021 Knoxville Raceway season is scheduled to begin with the Pella Motors/Kraig Ford Season Opener on April 17, 2021.