First introduced as a special edition in 1988, the new Jeep Wrangler Islander is back for the 2021 model year, the automaker announced. Making its debut for the 2021 model year is the new Jeep Renegade Islander special edition.
“Our Jeep enthusiasts expect legendary Jeep 4×4 capability, and they also embrace the Jeep brand’s fun ‘go anywhere, do anything’ adventure lifestyle,” said Jim Morrison, vice president, Jeep Brand North America. “With Surf Blue accent stitching, Islander-embroidered front seats and available white three-piece hardtop on the Wrangler, you can’t help but think summer and the beach life when you see these new Islander special editions.”
The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander marks the return of the Islander after an 11-year hiatus. Based on the Wrangler Sport S, it is available with either two or four doors and comes standard with:
- Jeep Command-Trac 4×4 part-time, two-speed transfer case with a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio
- 17-inch Rubicon aluminum wheels in Silver Finish with all-terrain tires
- Rubicon Rock Rails
- Uconnect 4 with a 7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Dual-zone temperature control
- Exterior details include a Tiki Bob hood decal; interior details include a Ceramic White mid-bolster and black cloth seats with an embroidered Islander logo and Surf Blue accent stitching
- Available white three-piece hardtop
- Optional Islander Plus Package by Mopar adds front/rear grab handles, cargo tub liner, solid sunbonnet top and Tiki Bob soft spare-tire cover
The Jeep Wrangler Islander is available in Billet Silver, Black, Chief, Granite Crystal, Bright White, Firecracker Red, Hellayella, Sarge Green, Snazzberry and Sting-Gray.
For the first time, the Renegade Islander edition joins the Jeep lineup. Based on the Renegade Latitude, the special-edition vehicle features standard and available content, including:
- Available Jeep Active Drive full-time 4×4 system
- 19-inch Silver Alloy wheels with all-season tires
- Dual-pane panoramic sunroof for ultimate open-air freedom
- Uconnect 4 with a 7-inch touchscreen includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Exterior details include a Tiki Bob hood decal; interior details include premium black cloth seats with an embroidered Islander logo and Surf Blue accent stitching
- Keyless Entry with panic alarm
- Remote start system
- Available Alpine White painted roof
The Jeep Renegade Islander is available in Bikini, Jetset Blue, Glacier and Omaha Orange.
The Jeep Wrangler Islander and Renegade Islander special editions are now available through local Jeep dealers. The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander has a starting U.S. MSRP of $33,370 for two-door models and $36,870 for four-door models. Starting price for the 2021 Jeep Renegade Islander is $27,430.