Hoosier Racing Tire has launched a new driver recognition program, the company announced.
Announced at the 2022 PRI Show, the Hoosier Hero program aims to recognize accomplished drivers across various driving disciplines, the company said.
Recognized drivers will be selected through a nomination and voting process beginning in 2023, Hoosier Tire representatives said.
“Hoosier Heroes is a concept that was created to recognize accomplished competitors from around the world who share our passion for success,” said Joerg Burfien, president and CEO of Hoosier Racing Tire Corp. “We are proud to include a diverse spectrum of racers representing dirt, asphalt, motocross, drag, UTV, and circuit from all levels of achievement and background.”
“Beginning in 2023, we will have a nomination period where global submissions will be accepted on behalf of those racers who embody our values,” stated Nic Moncher, Director of Marketing. “We will then have a voting process involving media and industry members in September and will announce the 2023 Hoosier Heroes at the PRI show.”
In addition to the program, Hoosier also announced the first group of ‘Hoosier Hero’ drivers.
2022 Hoosier Heroes
- Andrew Aquilante – SCCA – Circuit
- Dennis Erb – World of Outlaws Late Model – Oval Dirt
- Doug Gordon – NHRA – Drag
- Donny Schatz – World of Outlaws Sprint – Oval Dirt
- Felix Budzisch – DSM – Slalom
- Johan Schwartz – Endurance – Circuit
- Robert Loire – UTV – Off Road
- Landon Huffman – Late Model – Asphalt Oval
- Julian Wagner – eWRC – Rallye
- Justin Grant – USAC – Oval Dirt
- Matt Hirschman – NASCAR Modified – Asphalt Oval
- Michael Hicks – Arenacross – Motocross
- Nick Sanchez – ARCA – Asphalt Oval
- Ryan Repko – Micro Sprints – Oval Dirt