Hagerty has announced the launch of its “Restore the Roar” grant initiative to help jumpstart U.S.-based enthusiast vehicle restoration shops, specialty parts manufacturers and other related businesses negatively impacted by the COVID-19 economic decline.
Applications are available online starting today and due by May 4.
“Many of the events we partner with have been canceled for this year, so we are redeploying that money to help the small businesses in this industry,” said Hagerty CEO McKeel Hagerty. “These small shops and talented craftspeople are the engine that keep this industry alive. So, if we can help keep a few of them afloat during this tough time, we’re honored to do so.”
Grants will range from $5,000 to $10,000 and be awarded in mid-May.
To be considered for the Hagerty “Restore the Roar” small business grants, a business must:
- Be independently owned and operated
- Have fewer than 20 employees
- Have annual revenue less than $5 million
- Be 50 percent focused on the collectible and enthusiast vehicle industry
- Demonstrate need based on the crisis’ impact on business
- Demonstrate how the funds will be used
For full qualification details and to access the grant application, click here.