SEMA has released the criteria for the Ford Motor Co. projectvehicle program in 2018.
All project vehicle requests must be submitted in two parts and meet the following Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program criteria:
Email a one-page project summary. The summary must be received by March 1 and include bullet points for:
- Vehicle modifications
- New-product development
- Promotional plan
- Vehicle display location at the 2018 SEMA Show
Part One Proposal Submission Deadline: March 1
Award Recipient Notification Date: May 1
Mail a detailed project proposal-must be received by March 1. Applicant must linclude details supporting the one-page project summary on company letterhead, a color rendering and past project vehicle examples.
Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program Criteria
Aftermarket companies requesting project vehicles should be:
- A manufacturer or designer/restyler dedicated to supporting new-product development
- Financially capable and willing to spend promotional dollars
- Actively promoting the vehicle with their product(s) through an established marketing plan
- A current SEMA member.
Aftermarket companies receiving project vehicles must:
- Feature the vehicle in a booth at the 2018 SEMA Show in Las Vegas
- Use Ford accessory products as specified and provided by Ford Motor Co.
- Register and keep the vehicle in your company name during the entire contract period
- Purchase and maintain $3 million in general liability, $3 million in automotive liability, $1 million in employer liability and demonstrate worker’s compensation coverage. An umbrella policy may be used to achieve coverage limits
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Ford logo intact and visible
- Order a California-certified vehicle if you intend to register or use the vehicle primarily in California or any other state that has adopted California emissions standards. Failure to do so may subject you to a state fine.
- Make vehicles available to Ford or its dealers for display, at the owner’s discretion
- Submit written quarterly status reports for a period of 18 months, as specified in the contract, stating:
1. Product development
2. Modifications to the vehicle
3. Events (including dates, location and type of event)
4. Media exposure (originals or color copies)
5. Company advertising featuring the vehicle
6. Social media exposure
7. A copy of your current vehicle registration
Information on the specific vehicles Ford plans to emphasize at the 2018 SEMA Show will follow in January. Details will be provided to allow research on those products and to help find high-resolution images for renderings.
Submit Ford Project Vehicle proposals to:
Ford Motor Co.
21175 Oakwood Blvd., PDCDC MD579
Dearborn, MI 48124
Attn: Mike Nicopolis & Rob Fridenberg