All project vehicle requests must be submitted in two parts and meet the following Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program criteria.
Builders must email a one-page project summary by Feb. 15. The summary must include the following bulleted information:
- Vehicle modifications
- New-product development
- Promotional plan
- Vehicle display location at the 2019 SEMA Show
Builders must mail a detailed project proposal by March 1. Included details must support the one-page project summary on a company letterhead, with a color rendering and past project vehicle examples added.
According to Ford, aftermarket companies requesting project vehicles should be:
- A manufacturer or designer/restyler dedicated to supporting new-product development
- Financially capable and willing to spend promotional dollars
- Actively promoting the vehicle with their product(s) through an established marketing plan
- A current SEMA member
Aftermarket companies receiving project vehicles, according to Ford, must:
- Feature the vehicle in a booth at the 2019 SEMA Show in Las Vegas
- Use Ford accessory products as specified and provided by Ford Motor Co.
- Register and keep the vehicle in your company name during the entire contract period
- Purchase and maintain $3 million in general liability, $3 million in automotive liability, $1 million in employer liability and demonstrate worker’s compensation coverage. An umbrella policy may be used to achieve coverage limits
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Ford logo intact and visible
- Order a California-certified vehicle if the intent is to register or use the vehicle primarily in California or any other state that has adopted California emissions standards. Failure to do so may subject the builder to a state fine.
- Make vehicles available to Ford or its dealers for display, at the owner’s discretion
- Submit written quarterly status reports for a period of 18 months, as specified in the contract, stating product development, vehicle modifications, event information for where the vehicle is shown, media exposure including copies of mentions, company advertising featuring the vehicle, social media exposure, and a copy of the vehicle’s up to date registration.
Information on the specific vehicles Ford plans to emphasize at the 2019 SEMA Show will follow in January. Ford will share more information at that time, including where to find high-resolution images for renderings.
Submit Ford project vehicle proposals to:
Ford Motor Co.
21175 Oakwood Blvd., PDCDC MD579
Dearborn, MI 48124
Attn: Dan German and Kyle Ebner