FCA honored 19 North American supplier partners, including a few aftermarket brands at its recently held Supplier Conference and Award Ceremony in Detroit. The supplier of the year awards recognize companies that have shown exceptional commitment to FCA, providing innovative and quality products and services, according to the company.
The FCA North American suppliers of the year are:
· Electrical Supplier of the Year—Alpine Electronics of America Inc.
· Body Supplier of the Year—Gentex Corp.
· Innovation Supplier of the Year—Continental
· Powertrain Supplier of the Year—Delta Electronics Inc.
· Interior Supplier of the Year—Magna
· Foundational Principles Supplier of the Year—DENSO International America Inc.
· Raw Material Supplier of the Year—Shell Oil Co.
· Sustainability Supplier of the Year—Bridgestone Americas Inc.
· Value Optimization Supplier of the Year—Dana Incorporated
· Foundational Principles Supplier of the Year—Ground Effects
· Capital Equipment Supplier of the Year—Giffin Inc.
· Chassis Supplier of the Year—CITIC Dicastal Co. Ltd.
· Engine Systems Supplier of the Year—Hutchinson Fluid Management Systems Inc.
· Foundational Principles Supplier of the Year—Meridian Lightweight Technologies
· Foundational Principles Supplier of the Year—RRD
· Mopar Supplier of the Year—Ryan & Sons Inc.
· Services Supplier of the Year—MSX International
· Supplier Diversity Supplier of the Year—Walbridge
· Supply Chain Management Supplier of the Year—The Lizhong Wheel Group
Award recipients were determined based on an evaluation of each company’s supplier scorecard performance in 2018—a rating system that evaluates supplier performance in quality, delivery, cost and warranty—and input from FCA senior leadership.
Foundational Principles winners represent those companies who have demonstrated extraordinary partnership, collaboration, transparency and integrity, according to FCA. Winners for innovation, sustainability and diversity categories were submitted by the suppliers and vetted by FCA senior leadership.
FCA also awarded 87 global production suppliers for their outstanding quality. To qualify, the supplier’s North American manufacturing location had to have 100 percent warranty and incoming material quality scores.
FCA holds a total of four annual supplier conferences across the globe.
“FCA is in the midst of transformational changes and these suppliers are helping enable a stronger future for all of us,” said Scott Thiele, head of purchasing and supply chain at FCA North America. “It is an honor to recognize their contributions and dedication, as they represent the best in the industry.”