Dodge and LEGO have created a second LEGO Speed Champions collaboration pairing the two brands, the companies announced. The new LEGO Speed Champions Mopar Dodge/SRT Top Fuel Dragster and 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A building set, featuring the first purple vehicle and first Top Fuel Dragster in the Speed Champion series, is being released on June 1, 2021, on LEGO.com.
“Owning, or aspiring to own, a Dodge muscle car is as much about the lifestyle of joining the Brotherhood of Muscle as it is about the vehicle purchase,” said Tim Kuniskis, Dodge Brand chief executive officer – Stellantis. “As a result, our brand enthusiasts are passionate about all things Dodge, including the latest cool collectibles. So, following the success of the Dodge 2018 LEGO Speed Champion building set, fans will now be able to build and show off not only the first-ever 8-inch-wide (8W) muscle car, but also the first-ever Plum Crazy 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A, along with an incredibly detailed 13½-long Top Fuel Dragster.”
“In 2021, we are extremely excited to reteam with Dodge and expand the Speed Champions 8W Vehicle Collection even further by including new vehicle types and building experiences, for the first time, that appeal to vehicle fans of all ages,” said Christopher Stamp, LEGO Design Lead.
With 627 pieces, the Dodge set featuring the 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A and the Mopar Dodge//SRT Top Fuel Dragster includes box art of their real-life counterparts to compare the LEGO creations with the real-life machines.
Packed with realistic details, the collectible toy vehicles in the building set come with a wide chassis, which allows for more detailing with decorative stickers, including the two miniature figures donning Dodge apparel and race helmets.
- 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A is the first purple vehicle in LEGO Speed Champions series (named official Dodge color Plum Crazy)
- One female Top Fuel Dragster driver in Dodge race suit
- One male Challenger driver in Dodge-branded casual clothing
- Mopar Dodge//SRT is over 4 inches (10 cm) high, 13.5 inches (35 cm) long and 2.5 inches (7 cm) wide
- Dodge Challenger T/A is over 2 inches (5 cm) high, 5 inches (16 cm) long and 2.5 inches (7 cm) wide
- This new building set pairing the two brands follows the LEGO Speed Champions building set that features the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon and the 1970 Dodge Charger R/T, which launched in January 2019.