Cars and Spare Parts Worth Millions at Blenheim Palace Auction
Coys, the international collector car auctions specialist, plans a return to Blenheim Palace for the 2018 edition of their world-renowned auction on Friday and Saturday, June 29th and June 30th.
Set against the backdrop of Blenheim Palace in a summer garden party atmosphere, Coys will offer up for auction “a fantastic selection of historic collectors and investment quality motor cars.”
Friday’s auction will include a unique collection of Ferrari, Maserati and Abarth parts which have been hidden from view for many decades and are all being sold at No Reserve.
Cars of note in Saturday’s sale include:
- a 1988 Porsche 959 Comfort
- a JAT 41 1959 Lotus Elite
- the 7th of 11 cars produced by AC cars, the 1998 AC Cobra 427 Mark III, finished in period Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon stripes-this fabulous example has had just two owners
- a 1954 Allard P2 Safari-one of only two believed survivors from ten built
- the Mk VII Special “Wee Beastie,” which was previously owned by the star, Mr. Jools Holland
- A true individual, the 1962 Daimler Ferret armoured car is also up for sale. Equipped with a robust Jaguar 4.2 litre engine and all-wheel drive, this example has 30 years’ service with the British Army
The treasure trove of parts from the Cavalino Hoard includes many valuable spares and items from the great Italian marques such as Ferrari, Maserati and Abarth, including parts for rarer models such as the 250 SWB, 250 GTO, 275, Competition Daytona, F40 and 512LM, along with Maserati 250F and various other Italian competition cars.
Amazingly, many of the parts are still in their original wooden packing cases dating from the 1960s, or in their original boxes wrapped in oiled paper.
Chris Routledge, Managing Director at the firm said: “Something of this scale and with the importance and rarity of the cars they are related to is unprecedented. We are looking at least £1 million pounds worth of spares, probably more and I have never seen anything like it.”
He added: “It’s an Aladdin’s cave which is going to excite people all over the world. There are wire wheels in their original wooden boxes, carburetors in their original oiled wrapping paper, exhaust pipes, radiator grills, dashboards; the list just goes on and on. It will take us several days to catalogue the parts and once we have done that we will issue a full list of the spares.”