Barrett-Jackson returned to in-person events during the Fall Auction at WestWorld of Scottsdale earlier this month with a safe and highly successful auction, the auction hosts announced.
During the three-day auction, the 100-percent No Reserve docket included 442 vehicles that sold for more than $23.5 million, while 349 pieces of automobilia brought in more than $634,000 and $845,000 was raised through the sale of three charity vehicles, bringing the total amount sold on the Barrett-Jackson auction block to more than $24.9 million.
“We’re so thankful for the bidders, consignors and guests who joined us for our first in-person event since January,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “The feedback from our attendees was overwhelmingly positive. Our guests were sincerely appreciative of the efforts we took to put health and safety at the forefront during this auction. Working closely with the City of Scottsdale and officials from WestWorld, we demonstrated that we could host live events and maintain the highest standards of safety. We’re excited to carry this excitement into our January 2021 Scottsdale Auction.”
The 2020 Fall Auction featured three private collections and produced 27 world auction sales records, including the auction’s top seller, a 2018 Ford GT (Lot #748) that sold for $1.21 million. On Thursday, world-champion rallycross driver Ken Block was on the block to help auction his 2016 Ford Focus RS RX (Lot #3000), which sold for $200,000 to benefit Team Rubicon.
The top vehicles, all selling at No Reserve, during the 2020 Fall Auction include:
- 2018 Ford GT – $1,210,000
- 2012 Lexus LFA – $440,000
- 2005 Ford GT – $302,500
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Coupe – $286,000
- 2017 Dodge Viper ACR – $229,900
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split-Window Custom Coupe – $214,500
- 1970 Plymouth HEMI ’Cuda – $209,000
- 2016 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Race Car – $198,000
- 2020 Jeep Gladiator Custom Demon Rubicon – $198,000
- 1968 Pontiac Firebird Custom Coupe – $187,000
- 1959 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Convertible – $187,000
“It was such a joy to be back on that auction block and watch enthusiastic bidders light up when their dream car crossed the stage,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “We proved that it’s not only possible to produce a live event where guests feel safe, but that the collector car community remains vibrant and the market is resilient and healthy.”
A total of $845,000 was raised for charity with the sale of three vehicles during the Fall 2020 Auction. To date, Barrett-Jackson has raised more than $127 million for more than 170 organizations nationwide. The three charity vehicles included:
- Ken Block’s 2016 Focus RS RX ‒ $200,000 benefiting Team Rubicon
- 2019 Ford F-350 Lariat Custom Pickup ‒ $275,000 benefiting Building Homes for Heroes
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette – $370,000 benefiting Heartstrings Foundation