Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions announced that its 2018 Wrap Training schedule is available and registration is open. The total number of workshops available has expanded to 44 at more than 35 locations throughout North America. The Basic/Intermediate and Advanced classes will be taught by expert installers Justin Pate of the Wrap Institute and John Duever of Vinyl Images.
“Both beginner and advanced installers can really benefit from taking one or both of the Avery Dennison workshops, because what we teach is always evolving to match the growth of the wrap industry,” Pate said. “John and I also share lessons learned from our years in the industry on the business side. This means installers learn how to wrap with high quality and low install times, while getting essential tips on how to run a business.”
The Basic/Intermediate Classes, sponsored by Mutoh, focus on Avery Dennison digital films used in a wide variety of applications, such as walls, floors, windows and full print vehicle wraps. Installers learn hands-on techniques for many films during the workshop, ranging from calendered wall and floor films to cast Avery Dennison MPI 1105 Easy Apply RS film for vehicle wraps.
The dates and locations for the Basic/Intermediate Classes are as follows:
- Feb. 5-6 at CL Visual in Long Island, New York
- Feb. 19-20 at Mutoh Phoenix in Phoenix
- March 5-6 at Vivid Wraps in Cincinnati
- March 26-27 at Graphic Installations in Pittsburgh
- April 6-7 at D. Two Industries in Chicago
- April 26-27 at Vinyl Images in St. Louis
- May 21-22 at Printed Pixel in South Amboy, New Jersey
- May 23-24 at Wrap Artist in Nashville
- May 25-26 at Insignia Graphics in Adrian, Michigan
- May 30-31 at Impressive Wraps in Los Angeles
- June 1-2 at PDX Wraps in Portland, Oregon
- June 28-29 at Mach 1 Customs in Toronto
- July 12-13 at Car Wrap City in Dallas
- July 16-17 at The Artworks Unlimited in Denver
- July 20-21 at A52 Signs and Graphics in San Francisco
- Aug. 20-21 at Miller Decals in Atlanta
- Nov. 15-16 at Impressive Wraps in Los Angeles
Advanced Classes focus on vehicle color change wraps with Supreme Wrapping Film, featuring a wide array of finishes and textures, including Conform Chrome, Colorflow, metallics and more. According to Avery Dennison, installers will learn cutting edge techniques and how to lower installation times by 20-50 percent while improving quality.
The dates for Advanced Classes are:
- Feb. 7-8 at Metro Signs in Miami
- Feb. 12-13 at Car Wrap City in Dallas
- Feb. 21-22 at Impressive Wraps in Los Angeles
- March 26-27 at Miller Decals in Atlanta
- March 29-30 at CL Visual in Long Island, New York
- April 9-10 at Restyle It in Toronto
- April 23-24 at Spectrum Auto in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- June 25-26 at Streamline Designs in Buffalo, New York
- July 9-10 at Exotic Vehicle Wraps in Washington, D.C.
- July 23-24 at Fleet FX Graphics Inc. in Edmonton
- Sept. 10-11 at CL Visual in Long Island, New York
- Sept. 13-14 at Wrap Artist in Nashville
- Sept. 17-18 at D. Two Industries in Chicago
- Sept. 20-21 at Wrap Haus in Calgary
- Sept. 24-25 at PDX Wraps in Portland, Oregon
- Oct. 15-16 at #201WRAP in Jacksonville, Florida
- Oct. 25-26 at The Artworks Unlimited in Denver
- Oct. 29-30 at Viral Vinyl Werks in San Diego
- Nov. 1-2 at Car Wrap City in Dallas
- Nov. 12-13 at Miller Decals in Atlanta
Many vehicle wrap installers also take the optional one-day Avery Dennison Certification Exam immediately following the Advanced Classes. Candidates who pass the certification exam become Avery Dennison Certified Wrap Installers and will receive a promotional package for the program that includes a T-shirt, banner, certificate and window sticker, as well as promotion on the Find an Installer section of the website.
“We listened to installers and are offering more Basic/Intermediate and Advanced classes in 2018 than ever before,” said Jeff Losch, marketing director for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions. “Our classes offer attendees the opportunity to learn the benefits that Avery Dennison digital and color change films offer from experts in the industry. Our goal is to advance the wrap industry and provide installers who pass the Avery Dennison Certification Exam with marketing support that highlights their expertise and the exclusive club they joined by successfully demonstrating their skills.”
For more details on Avery Dennison products and training, visit graphics.averydennison.com or contact Avery Dennison at 800-282-8379.