A rendering of the Pfaff Designs 'Outkast' Jeep Gladiator, which will debut next week at the Detroit Autorama.
Driven by a Magnuson-supercharged V-6 engine rated at 440 horsepower and rolling on a lowered suspension, the Outkast, like Pfaff’s previous Jeep Wrangler Super Yeti project, is aimed at reimagining the fun that a Jeep can offer on the street, with a decidedly street machine stance.
“Jeep models look great on or off the road,” said Murray Pfaff. “To shake things up, we’ve taken the street approach with Outkast channeling the Gladiator’s incomparable strength of presence and presenting it in a new way.”
The Gladiator itself already defies convention by blending the best attributes of open-top Jeep capability with the utility of the truck bed. Pfaff Designs is teaming up with Jeep dealer Szott Auto for the vehicle, with additional support coming from Rotiform (wheels), Baer Brakes (brakes), Detroit Eaton Springs (lowering), Katzkin (leather interior trim), MRT Engineered Performance (exhaust), Axiom Graphics for an intense graphics package and Magnuson, for the Roots-type supercharger. The Gladiator will also receive a set of 4.10 gears, KC HiLites auxiliary lighting, HP Tuners programming and more.
Pfaff Designs’ Outkast debuts February 28 at the Detroit Autorama in The D Lot presented by AMSOIL and it will participate in the Hot Rod Power Tour, along with planned showings at the St. Ignace Car Show Weekend, the Syracuse Nationals, Woodward Dream Cruise, the SEMA Show and more.
The complete list of contributing partners for the vehicle includes:
- AMSOIL – fluids
- Axiom Graphics – vinyl wrap/graphics and signage
- Baer Brakes – six-piston calipers
- Bilstein – performance shocks
- HP Tuners – programming and tuning
- Hellwig – performance sway bars
- JMS PedalMAX – electronic throttle enhancement
- KC HiLites – accessory lighting
- Katzkin – leather interior trim
- MRT Engineered Performance – cat-back exhaust system
- Pilot Transport – vehicle transportation
- Rotiform – 20-inch WRM forged aluminum wheels
- Eaton Detroit Springs – lowered suspension
- SEM – paint supplies
- SteerSmarts – Griffin HD steering attenuator
- Szott M-59 Jeep – Vehicle service and installations
- Goodyear – Eagle GT II tires
- TredWear Tire Graphics – white-letter tire wrap