E.C.D. Automotive Design (E.C.D.) has introduced its newest build, Project Edelweiss. Customized to the client’s preferences, the classic Defender 110 is ideal for family escapades to the city and treks up snow-capped mountains, the builder said.
Named for a snowy white flower that grows high in the Alps, the vintage Defender is painted in full gloss Chawton White with black accents throughout. Originally a 25-year-old work vehicle imported from the U.K., the restored Defender features a classic style hood, bumper and grille. Project Edelweiss is powered by a GM L92 engine paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission, and features BFGoodrich All-Terrain Tires, upgraded ECD FAST brakes, adjustable Air Ride suspension and swing-away wheel carrier.
Project Edelweiss’s interior is arranged in a classic Puma 9-seat layout. The seats design are wrapped in Garrett Caressa Parchment leather with red Relicate Tartan Plaid inserts. The Puma dash and custom center console are also wrapped in the same leather as the seats. Other deluxe features include a MOMO Heritage Indy steering wheel, All American Tradition Series gauges and rear air conditioning.
“Project Edelweiss’s simple but elegant exterior and its unforgettable interior screams old Defender elegance,” said Co-Founder of E.C.D. Scott Wallace. “The execution of the client’s vision was all made possible thanks to our expert team at E.C.D., artisans who rebuild every aspect of the truck by hand.”
Additional upgrades include a new KENWOOD eXcelon sound system, backup sensor and camera, blind-spot assistant and multiple USB charging ports.
- Model — Defender 110
- Engine — GM L92 6.2L V8 Engine
- Transmission — 6-Speed Automatic
- Suspension — E.C.D. Adjustable Air Ride
- Brakes — EBC FAST
- Exhaust — Borla Stainless Steel Single Pipe on Left
- Paint Color — Chawton White with Gloss Finish
- Wheels — 16-inch Tornado Alloy
- Tires — BFGoodrich All-Terrain Tires
- Grille — Classic Land Rover Grille
- Front Bumper — Classic Land Rover Bumper
- Rear Bumper – NAS Bumper Step
- Additional Features — 2 LED Work Lights, Swing Away Wheel Carrier, Full Length Side Steps, Custom Puma Hood
- Seat Layout — Puma 9
- Front Seats — 2 Puma Classic Seats, Heated
- Middle Row Seats — 60/40 Puma Seats
- Load Area Seats — 4 Inward Facing Jump Seats
- Leather Color — Garrett Caressa Parchment
- Seat Design — Horizontal Stitch Pattern with Relicate Golf MK7 Style Tartan Plaid Inserts
- Dash – Puma Dashboard, Wrapped in Garrett Caressa Parchment Leather
- Carpet — Black, OEM Rubber Mats All Around
- Steering Wheel — MOMO Heritage Indy
- Gauges — All American Tradition Series
- Center Console — E.C.D. Custom with Rear AC, Wrapped in Garrett Caressa Parchment Leather
Audio & Electronics
- Infotainment — KENWOOD eXcelon
- Sound System — JL Audio Speakers and Subwoofers
- Additional Features — Bluetooth, Backup Sensor and Camera, Blind Spot Assistant, 4 USB, Rear AC, 110V Outlet in Rear of Load Area