Mopar has unveiled a limited-edition Jeep Wrangler at the Chicago Auto Show.
Kicking off the opening of the 2020 Chicago Auto Show this weekend, Mopar introduced a customized version of its new limited-edition 2020 Jeep Wrangler JPP 20, featuring a wide array of Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) targeted to the off-road enthusiast.
“The new limited-edition Jeep Wrangler JPP 20 is a ‘check-all-the boxes’ off-road vehicle for enthusiasts,” said Mark Bosanac, Head of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care for FCA – North America. “We loaded the Jeep brand’s iconic rock crawler with factory-backed and quality-tested, authentic Jeep Performance Parts specifically designed and engineered to tackle the toughest conditions.”
Based on the four-door Jeep Wrangler, the Wrangler JPP 20 carries a range of parts and accessories from the JPP portfolio.
In addition to high-strength, full-aluminum doors, JPP steel tube doors and a new mirror kit are standard equipment. Tube doors, along with a mesh sun bonnet that provides shade for all passengers, deliver an open-air feel. Standard JPP rock rails are made of heavy-gauge steel and Durabull-coated (truck bedliner coating) to provide superior protection and durability.
The JPP steel front bumper and skid plate are designed to take on whatever the trail can throw at it. Wide enough to provide fender protection, but narrower than the stock version, the bumper is black powder-coated with D-rings for extra towing capability. Completely waterproof to ensure reliable operation during water fording and other adverse conditions, the JPP Rubicon Winch includes 100 feet of Warn Spydura synthetic rope.
The Trailer-tow and Heavy Duty Electrical Group includes four auxiliary switches, a high-capacity 240-amp alternator and a Class II hitch receiver with four- and seven-pin adapters.
The Jeep Wrangler JPP 20 will be available in Ocean Blue or White. Additional standard exterior features include:
- American Flag hood graphic
- Blacked-out fender vents and fuel door
- JPP graphic decal on the passenger-side quarter panel
- Laser-etched, forged-aluminum JPP badge on the driver-side fender and on the rear swing-gate assembly
- On the rear of the vehicle, the JPP Swing Gate Hinge Reinforcement allows for a larger spare tire to be mounted on the swing gate. The reinforcement is powder-coated black and works with
- the production hinge for easy installation. A JPP CHMSL (Center High-Mount Stop Lamp) Relocation Kit mounts the third brake light in the center of the spare tire.
- The Jeep Wrangler JPP 20 will be delivered with an exclusive owner’s kit. The kit will be uniquely packaged with a personalized booklet and other memorabilia. Also included in the owner’s
- kit will be a customer credit that may be used toward the following dealer-installed equipment:
- JPP 2-inch lift kit
- JPP 5-inch and 7-inch off-road LED light kits, including mounting brackets
- Choice of one of five available JPP off-road wheel sets and set of five tires
Inside the cabin, Katzkin Tuscany leather seats include an embroidered JPP logo on each front seatback. Standard Mopar all-weather floor mats are injection molded and designed with deep drain channels, rigid sidewalls and advanced reservoir systems that contain liquids from leaking onto the floor. Front mats feature a patented drain plug that covers floor drain holes, which allow draining without mat removal for easy cleaning. Behind the second-row seats, the Mopar Cargo Tray Kit provides full protective coverage of the cargo area and seat backs.
The standard Technology Group includes a 7-inch instrument panel cluster and fourth-generation Uconnect system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto available on its 7-inch touchscreen. In addition, Rear Park Assist and Blind-spot Monitoring also are standard.
A full array of powertrain options is available for the 2020 Jeep Wrangler JPP 20, including:
- 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine (270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque) with engine stop-start (ESS) or mild-hybrid eTorque assist technology
- 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine (260 horsepower and 442 lb.-ft. of torque) with ESS
- 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine (285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque) with ESS or mild-hybrid eTorque assist technology
Each available engine option features a standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission.
Production of the Wrangler JPP 20 will be limited for the 2020 model year. Dealer orders open in the second quarter and vehicles will arrive in dealerships this summer. Pricing will be announced closer to the launch date.