Kia has revealed the 2022 Forte compact sedan, which has been redesigned with a host of enhancements including new front and rear design elements, a newly available 10.25-inch widescreen navigation display, and an expanded suite of new and upgraded Drive Wise ADAS technology.
“Strong sales of Forte have helped Kia achieve its best third quarter sales in company history and the refreshed 2022 model is poised to continue that successful momentum,” said Sean Yoon, president & CEO, Kia North America and Kia America. “With its contemporary design, a robust suite of standard ADAS features, and the 201 horsepower of the exciting GT trim, the 2022 Forte continues to raise the bar in the compact sedan segment.”
The Forte is available in four trim levels – FE, LXS, GT-Line and GT. For 2022, the EX model has been discontinued and a new GT-Line Sport Premium package has been added. Other new package offerings across the model range include LXS Technology, GT-Line Technology and GT Technology, each with a unique combination of tech and ADAS systems.
For those wanting a sport-infused version of the Forte, the GT-Line trim offers unique 17-inch wheels, sport exterior design elements, LED fog lights, sport combination seats with SynTex/cloth, sport steering wheel, a 10.25-inch navigation touchscreen and Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist.
At the top of the lineup, the Forte GT is powered by a 201-horsepower turbo 4-cylinder engine paired with a standard 7-speed DCT. It is also available with a manual transmission.
The exterior of the 2022 Forte incorporates new styling elements in the front and rear. Updates include:
- Sleeker, more expressive headlight designs
- Next-generation tiger-nose grille
- Revised front and rear bumpers
- LED fog lights integrated into air-intake grille (GT, GT-Line only)
- New 16-inch and 17-inch dark metal gray alloy wheel designs (LXS, GT-Line only)
- Sportier LED taillight/rear combination lamp design (GT, GT-Line only)
- New trunk lid spoiler
Within, the 2022 Forte delivers a modern cabin defined by a driver centric, high-tech interior space. Key feature enhancements include:
- A larger 4.2-inch color TFT LCD cluster (standard on all trims)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is now standard through the 8-inch touchscreen display audio/infotainment system (standard on FE, LXS)
- 25-inch wide touchscreen navigation/infotainment standard on GT and GT-Line, includes free MapCare updates
- Center console with newly available integrated Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) and Auto Hold
- Available rear USB charger
- Smart Key now features remote start (standard on GT, GT-Line)
- Available SynTex synthetic leather seating
In addition, the Forte continues to deliver a five-seat cabin with up to 111.3 cu.-ft. of passenger and cargo volume.
The Forte still offers two engines, allowing customers to choose between an enjoyable driving experience that is either smooth and efficient or deliberately sporty and responsive:
2.0-liter MPI I-4 engine (FE, LXS, GT-Line)
- Intelligent Continuously Variable Transmission (IVT)
- 147 horsepower/132 lb.-ft. torque
- FE trim achieves 41 MPG Highway
Turbocharged 1.6-liter GDI I-4 engine (GT)
- 7-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT) or 6-speed manual transmission
- 201 horsepower/195 lb.-ft. torque
- Multi-link rear suspension
- Dual sport-tuned exhaust
The 2022 Forte makes several enhancements to its suite of Kia Drive Wise Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). There are six standard ADAS features and as many as 15 systems in total.