GMC recently revealed the new 2023 Sierra 1500 AT4X AEV Edition at Overland Expo Pacific Northwest, the company announced.
“GMC has been a pioneer in the premium off-road space and this Sierra 1500 AT4X AEV Edition raises the bar yet again,” said GMC Global Vice President Duncan Aldred. “Our customers want an uncompromising combination of on-road technology and off-road capability. Leveraging GMC’s unwavering dedication to providing premium trucks and American Expedition Vehicles’ expertise in engineering and integrating performance-driven parts and accessories, this truck provides extreme capability, technology and comfort.”
- The new 2023 Sierra 1500 AT4X AEV Edition is the most off-road capable factory Sierra 1500 ever. Updates include:
- AEV stamped steel front and rear bumpers with heavy duty recovery points and winch capability (front bumper)
- Five hot-stamped boron steel skid plates (front approach, steering gear, transfer case, fuel tank and rear differential)
- Unique, race-inspired, laser-engraved 18-inch AEV Salta wheels in gloss black finish with AEV’s signature recessed valve system for added protection from rocks on the trail
- 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires
- Updated front grille and fascia to accommodate the new bumper and larger tires, gloss black door handles and a black contrast inner tailgate
- Exclusive AEV branding throughout the vehicle, including on bumpers, embroidered head rests and all-weather floor liners
- Available off-road rocker panel protectors to help shield the sills and frame rails and an optional bolt-on step assist when not off-roading
The AEV-stamped steel front and rear bumpers are constructed of 3-millimeter heavy-duty steel and are powder and e-coated for durability as well as UV and corrosion resistance, the company said. Additionally, the factory-installed front bumper is winch-capable.
Five ultra-high-strength, hot-stamped boron steel skid plates help protect the underbody of the Sierra 1500 AT4X AEV Edition.
When compared to the 2022 Sierra 1500 AT4X, the AEV Edition features improved off-road stats. The front approach angle increases by more than 27% to 32.5 degrees. The departure angle improves to 23.4 degrees, compared to 23 degrees, and the breakover angle improves to 23.0 degrees, compared to 22.7 degrees. The truck’s ground clearance also improves to 11.2 inches, compared to 10.8 inches.
The AEV edition is built on the Sierra 1500 AT4X trim that offers a premium interior and advanced off-road capability. Headline features include Multimatic DSSV dampers, front and rear e-locking differentials and two-speed transfer case with selectable modes for different off-road conditions such as Terrain mode for one pedal driving and Off-Road mode, GMC said. All the while, the Sierra 1500 AT4X delivers power with a standard 6.2L V-8 engine. The AEV edition also features the luxury-focused and tech-infused AT4X Obsidian Rush interior. The cabin features full grain leather-wrapped power-massaging front seats, authentic Vanta ash wood trim, a 12-speaker Bose Premium Series audio system and more than 40 diagonal inches of combined driver-focused digital displays.