“This innovative truck comes to market with speed and purpose, bringing GM another step closer to an all-electric future,” said Mark Reuss, president of General Motors. “With our Ultium Drive architecture as the foundation for an exceptionally broad range of performance, HUMMER EV is perfect for the customer who wants capability, efficiency and performance.”
The HUMMER EV will get its energy from General Motors’ all-new Ultium batteries and power from Ultium Drive, GM’s proprietary EV drive units. A GM-estimated 1,000 horsepower and GM-estimated 11,500 lb-ft of torque are generated by three separate motors within two Ultium drive units to give HUMMER EV’s e4WD on- and off-road capabilities.
“We had one goal for HUMMER EV: Build the most capable factory truck – ever,” said Al Oppenheiser, GMC HUMMER EV chief engineer. “It’s an absolute off-road beast with a unique e4WD drive system that provides maneuverability unlike anything GM has ever offered before.”
The GMC HUMMER EV is designed to be the ultimate off-road EV supertruck, with all-new features developed to challenge tough obstacles and terrain, GMC said.
- 4 Wheel Steer featuring CrabWalk — a feature that allows the rear wheels and front wheels to steer at the same angle at low speeds, enabling diagonal movement of the vehicle.
- Adaptive Air Suspension with available Extract Mode capability enables the suspension height to be raised approximately 6 inches (149 mm) to help the HUMMER EV negotiate extreme off-road situations such as clearing boulders or fording water.
- 35-inch-OD Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires offered standard, with the capability to accommodate 37-inch tires.
- Underbody armor, consisting of sturdy steel plates that are strategically located around the battery pack and more to help provide protection in extreme off-roading conditions.
- UltraVision that includes new front and rear underbody cameras with live “virtual spotter” views to help drivers navigate obstacles and place wheels on and off the trail. The underbody cameras are packaged to help protect against damage and equipped with a wash function to help clear debris. HUMMER EV offers up to 18 available cameras from the vehicle to help increase awareness of surroundings.
- Off-road widgets that display vehicle functions and terrain status through the infotainment and driver information screens. Examples include torque output, differential locker engagement, tire pressure, pitch and roll angles (including maximum values), a drift gauge (with maximum values), friction circle, torque vectoring and more.
- Three-motor e4WD drive system that will offer the equivalent of GM-estimated 1,000 horsepower and GM-estimated 11,500 lb-ft of torque.
- 800-volt DC public fast-charging compatibility of up to 350 kilowatts. New technology mechanically switches the batteries from parallel to series mode during charging, which makes HUMMER EV compatible with the fastest 350 kW DC fast chargers, enabling nearly 100 miles of range in 10 minutes of charging.
- 24-module, double-stacked Ultium battery propulsion system.
- GM-estimated 350+ miles of driving range on a full charge, based on preliminary testing.
- The latest version of Super Cruise, an available driver assistance feature offering hands-free driving on more than 200,000 miles (approximately 322,000 km) of enabled roads, and a new automatic lane changing feature, where the system can determine when a lane change is optimal and initiate the maneuver while following signaling protocols.
The HUMMER EV debuts exclusively in a fully-equipped Edition 1 trim package.
Edition 1 highlights include:
- Watts to Freedom — a driver-selectable immersive experience that allows the full acceleration capability of the EV propulsion system, including GM-estimated 0-60-mph performance in approximately 3 seconds.
- Drive Mode Control offers driver-selectable modes that tailor performance — including torque splits between the front and rear wheels, and four-wheel steering settings — for different driving conditions. It includes Terrain Mode, which raises the HUMMER EV’s ride height by nearly 2 inches.
- Adaptive Ride Control continuous damping that is tailored for both on- and off-road driving.
- Open-air driving enabled by the structural rigidity of the Ultium batteries, with standard Infinity Roof and removable transparent Sky Panels that can stow in the “frunk” storage compartment at the front of the vehicle.
Other features include:
- 13.4-inch diagonal infotainment screen and 12.3-inch diagonal driver information center.
- MultiPro Tailgate with six functional positions.
- Power rear drop glass window and power tonneau cover.