Featuring a fully redesigned exterior with a standard factory lift and widened track across the lineup, a new suite of advanced technology and an all-new interior design, GMC has introduced the next-generation Canyon.
The 2023 model year Canyon also introduces the first-ever Canyon AT4X option to its lineup, the company said.
“GMC is flexing the might of our off-road muscle,” said GMC Global Vice President Duncan Aldred. “Canyon benefits from key learnings gained from our AT4 strategy to bring customers the most advanced off-road midsize truck.”
Inspired by the Canyon AT4 concept first introduced in 2021, the Canyon AT4X boasts a factory lifted, ultra-wide track to elevate the off-road performance and capability, GMC said. Canyon AT4X comes standard with 33-inch MT tires, Multimatic DSSV shocks, front and rear e-lockers, underbody skid plates and the AT4X-exclusive Baja drive mode.
The Canyon AT4X’s factory lift enables 10.7 inches of ground clearance standard and a 36.9-degree approach angle.
Within its interior, the Canyon AT4X features exclusive Obsidian Rush interior with Ceramic White accents, customizable 11.3-inch diagonal touchscreen infotainment system and an 11-inch diagonal fully digital instrument cluster. In addition, the AT4X includes a GMC-exclusive Head-Up Display and Bose seven-speaker audio entertainment system.
The Canyon AT4X will also be the only trim to offer the available Edition 1 package, which includes:
- Front- and rear-facing underbody cameras with wash function
- Off-road front bumper with safari bar
- Front 30-inch off-road grille light bar
- Winch by COMEUP
- 17-inch beadlock capable wheels
- Reconfigurable bed rail system
- Performance front skid plate
- Unique Edition 1 tailgate badge
The 2023 Canyon and Canyon AT4X were engineered to offer customers a premium off-road experience, the automaker said, and offers key features across its trim lineup that provide customers with optimized performance and rugged off-road capability. This includes:
- Standard with an off-road suspension package featuring an ultra-wide track and 2-inch factory lift for Elevation, AT4 and Denali trims and a standard 3-inch factory lift on AT4X.
- 9.6 inches of ground clearance (10.7-inch ground clearance available on AT4X trim).
- Multimatic DSSV Shocks
- Off-road optimized 2.7-liter turbo engine with 430 lb-ft of torque (GM Estimated).
- Enhanced Front and Rear Electronic Locking Differentials
- Off-Road Performance Display: Real time metrics including g-force, altimeter, and pitch and roll stats.
- Standard 32-inch large off-road tires (33-inch Mud Terrain tires on AT4X)
The Canyon has an available 10 camera view system, including HD Surround Vision and waterproof underbody cameras with camera washing system.