GMC has introduced the first-ever Sierra EV. Led by the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, the all-electric pickup offers a GM-estimated 400 miles of range on a full charge and unique features made possible by its dedicated EV truck platform, the automaker said.
“This is the Denali of EVs — and a truck that is every bit a GMC,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC. “That means it leaves nothing on the table when it comes to hauling, towing and overall power while unlocking even more possibilities around what a GMC pickup can offer.”
GMC will be the only brand to offer three all-electric trucks, with the Sierra EV joining the popular GMC HUMMER EV Pickup and SUV. Underpinning these three trucks is GM’s Ultium Platform.
The 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 will be available at launch in early 2024. GMC will introduce the Sierra EV AT4 and Elevation trims in the 2025 model year.
“The 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 is just the beginning,” said Aldred. “It will offer customers our very latest in technology, capability and luxury delivered in a way only GMC can do — with much more to come. From the HUMMER EV supertruck to the first-ever Sierra EV, GMC continues to write the next chapter in its future as a premium truck and SUV brand.”
The 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 offer highlights in four key areas:
- GM-estimated range of 400 miles (640 km) on a full charge
- GM-estimated 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque in Max Power mode
- Onboard Power Station Pro turns Sierra EV Denali into a mobile power source, with up to 10.2kW of off-board power that can be used in a variety of situations
- 800 Volt DC Public Fast Charging capable at up to 350kW, enabling up to 100 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes
- 16.8-inch-diagonal freeform infotainment touchscreen
- Trailering-capable Super Cruise hands-free driver assistance technology on more than 400,000 miles of compatible roads in the U.S. and Canada
- Customizable drive modes, including Max Power mode, which enables 0-60 mph acceleration in less than 4.5 seconds (GM estimate)
- Air Ride Adaptive Suspension with the ability to raise or lower the truck by approximately 2 inches
- EV-enabled propulsion technologies including Regen on Demand Braking, One-Pedal Driving and 4-Wheel Steer with CrabWalk
- Functional design enabled by the Ultium Platform
- GMC-first MultiPro Midgate expandable bed offers room for hauling longer items, while still enabling room for a rear-seat passenger
- eTrunk increases cargo room capability with lockable, weatherproof compartment at the front of the vehicle
- Up to 9,500 pounds (4,309 kg) max towing capacity
- Authentic premium materials including grain-matched open-pore wood (including a wood veneer induction wireless charger), aluminum, etched stainless steel and more
- Panoramic fixed glass roof
- A sleek, modern interior crafted with seat stitching that invokes the lines of the truck’s profile to a streamlined dashboard
“This truck is everything customers know about the Sierra, but is so much more,” said Nichole Kraatz, chief engineer, GM Battery Electric Trucks. “Leveraging GM’s dedicated Ultium pickup platform, it takes the Sierra franchise to new benchmarks of capability, versatility and luxury — all in a zero-tailpipe-emissions package.”