Ford has introduced its all-new 2023 F-Series Super Duty lineup of pickup trucks and chassis cabs, the company announced.
“From F-250 pickup to the F-600 utility truck, Super Duty is the badge America’s hardest-working men and women have come to trust to get the toughest jobs done,” said Jim Farley, Ford president and CEO. “Super Duty customers are builders – the backbone of our communities and our economy. We poured every ounce of know-how and ingenuity we have into developing the truck of their dreams – smarter, more powerful, full of clever features and technology.”
The new Super Duty offers a range of engines:
- New standard 6.8-liter V8 gas engine
- 3-liter V8
- A 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 diesel
- New high-output 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 diesel with a turbo, upgraded exhaust manifolds and unique tuning
Every Super Duty features a 10-speed TorqShift automatic transmission, and every chassis cab model comes standard with a power take off connection to run added equipment, like boom lifts and plows. Four-wheel drive is now standard on XLT models and above, Ford said.
Also new is the Ford Pro Upfit Integration System (UIS), Ford said. This digital solution provides aftermarket equipment makers with improved access to Super Duty’s electrical system and signals to integrate and operate their hardware into the truck’s digital displays. Cloud-based software connects to the UIS so equipment makers can add digital buttons that allow drivers to control their equipment from inside the truck, Ford said. The system also allows for and safety interlocks like preventing the transmission from shifting into drive with a raised boom lift.
Pro Power Onboard is now available for Super Duty, featuring 2.0-kilowatts of output. Power outlets are accessible inside the truck and cargo box, or they can be mounted on chassis cabs with a special outlet installation kit.
Ford has also added new available driver assist technologies for towing:
- Onboard Scales with Smart Hitch that estimates cargo weight in real time and provides guidance on trailer tongue weight distribution directly on the center touchscreen, FordPass app or within the taillamps
- 360-Degree Trailer Camera System
- Blind Spot Information System for Fifth Wheel & Gooseneck
- Available Tailgate Down Camera and Tailgate Down Reverse Sensing System includes a new camera and reverse sensors in the top of the tailgate that provide visual and audible alerts when the tailgate is down
- Pro Trailer Hitch Assist automatically backs the truck up and aligns the conventional hitch ball to the trailer receiver
- Trailer Navigation plots routes that can be safely navigated with given trailer dimensions and weight
“Our goal was to leave drivers with zero blind spots, even when towing the longest trailers,” said Andrew Kernahan, Ford Super Duty chief engineer. “Camera views provide every angle, from simulating a drone to making sure customers can see behind the truck even when the tailgate is down. Hitching and towing has never been easier.”
There’s also new safety and security available technology:
- Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering
- Trailer Theft Alert
- Vehicle Security
- Fleet Start Inhibit
- Forward/Reverse Sensing System
- Front and Rear Brake Assist
- Full-color head-up display
Additionally, the 2023 Ford Super Duty has embedded 5G capability and has a 5G modem from Qualcomm Technologies that can also provide a Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 10 devices.
An all-new exterior includes seven new grilles engineered to maximize cooling performance while under heavy loads. Signature “C-clamp” lighting creates a wide, planted look up front, Ford said, while LED headlamps are now available on all trim levels. Long side vents are functional, reducing under-hood air pressure for improved aerodynamics.
STX, Sport, and Black Appearance Packages offer upgraded trim, wheel and paint combinations, Ford said. The new XL Off-Road Package available on F-250 or F-350 models with 4×4 single rear wheels adds 33-inch tires, a raised air dam, water-fording axle vent tubes, skid plates and an electronic locking rear differential.
The Tremor Off-Road Package includes a front-end lift and tuned suspension, a Dana front axle with limited-slip differential and axle vent tubes, 35-inch Goodyear tires, unique 18-inch wheels, Trail Control, selectable drive modes including a rock-crawl mode and new for this year, Trail Turn Assist.
The in-cabin experience is further enhanced with:
- 8-inch center display that comes standard on the XL model; and a 12-inch display standard with higher trim levels
- Customizable 12-inch digital instrument cluster
- Four USB power ports and available wireless charging pad
- Center console slot that holds a tablet upright
- Max Recline Seats
- 640-watt, eight-speaker B&O Sound System or an optional 1,080-watt, 18-speaker B&O Unleashed Sound System by Bang & Olufsen
- Alexa Built-in hands-free experience
The all-new Ford F-Series Super Duty goes on sale in early 2023 with some features and trim series available starting in spring 2023.