Muscle car season is in full swing and Dodge is continuing the 50th anniversary celebration of the Dodge Challenger with a new 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition and a new color option.
Not limited in production, the 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition is available on the 2020 model-year Challenger R/T, R/T Scat Pack and R/T Scat Pack Widebody models.
The 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition features select limited-edition 50th anniversary touches, including:
- Satin Black hand-painted hood and black-wrapped roof and decklid
- Model-specific fender badges and “Challenger 50th Anniversary” grille and spoiler badges in “Gold School” finish
- Illuminated Air Catcher headlamps with LED-illuminated “50” logos
- Satin Black fuel-filler door with heritage “FUEL” lettering
- Satin Back “DODGE” taillamp badge
- Instrument panel (IP) badge with “Challenger50” logo
- “Gold School” wheels are also featured on the Commemorative Edition:
- 20-inch by 9-inch on Challenger R/T models
- 20-inch by 9.5-inch on Challenger R/T Scat Pack models; optional on R/T models with Performance Plus Group
- 20-inch by 11-inch on the Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody model
The Commemorative Edition features Gunmetal brake color when fitted with Brembo brakes, available on R/T, standard on R/T Scat Pack and R/T Scat Pack Widebody.
Featuring a throwback-inspired interior with 50th anniversary details, the Commemorative Edition aims to invoke a sense of nostalgia in the modern Challenger. Inside, the Commemorative Edition features:
- Heated and ventilated Nappa leather and Alcantara suede performance seats with sepia accent stitching and embroidered “50” logo seat backs
- Alcantara door bolsters with sepia accent stitching
- Real carbon fiber IP and console bezels with a copper weave
- Sepia accent stitch on the IP, door panels and armrest, center console lid, seat faces and the leather, flat-bottom steering wheel
- White-faced gauges with yellow accents
- Startup animation Electronic Vehicle Information Center screen showcasing 1970 Challenger
- Premium berber floor mats with an embroidered “50” logo
While the Challenger 50th Anniversary Limited Edition is available in all of Dodge’s high-impact color options, the Commemorative Edition palette is available only in Smoke Show (new), Granite, Indigo Blue, Octane Red, Pitch Black, Triple Nickel and White Knuckle.