A builder of custom Land Rover Defenders, Kissimmee, Florida’s E.C.D. Automotive Design continues to breathe new life into the classic British icons despite the recent arrival of the newest addition to the Land Rover Defender family. Seeing a thirty-percent year-on-year increase in demand for the custom classic Defenders, E.C.D. has had to scale its team and production facility to ensure they meet the demand.
The most recent classic delivered by E.C.D. is Project A-Layne, a custom D110 finished in Tamar Blue with a Chawton White roof. Its medium-blue hue and contrasting white roof with white steel wheels are reminiscent of the classic Heritage look. On the outside, this custom D110 boasts a simple, yet tasteful design while under the hood, it’s anything but. This D110 is powered by a 6.2L LS3 V8-engine with 430-bhp. The LS3 is the most popular engine choice among E.C.D. clients for its performance, reliability, and ease of maintenance and upgrades.
The interior of Project A-Layne is luxuriously designed with inspiration from its European roots. The Corbeau Trailcats and rear bench seats are upholstered in Italian Spinneybeck Espresso leather with a custom blue and beige tartan pattern in the center. The cream headliner and cappuccino-colored wool carpet of this D110 make the interior look bright and rich. Similarly, colored floor mats offer protection for the carpet. The wood-grain accents of Project A-Layne complete the look. Modern technology in this custom D110 includes CarPlay for Apple or Android devices, wireless charging for mobile devices, a premium JL Audio.
Project A-Layne Vehicle Specifications
- Model — Custom D110
- Engine — 6.2L LS3 V8 engine with 430-hp
- Transmission — 6-Speed automatic
- Paint Color — Tamar Blue with a Chawton White roof
- Wheels — 16” Steel wheels in Chawton White
- Tires — BF Goodrich All-terrain T/A K02
- Side Steps — SVX full-length steps with Silver treadplates
- Wing-tops — KBX wing-tops in silver
- Grille — Heritage grille in Tamar Blue
- Bumper — Slimline front bumper with LED daytime running lights
- Roof Rack — Safety Devices G4-style
- Lights — Four LED spotlights on the front; One LED work light in the rear
- Additional — Full checkers in silver; Swing-away wheel carrier; Rear access ladder
- Front & Middle-row Seats — Corbeau Trailcats
- Load-area Seats — Inward-facing bench seats with storage
- Leather Colors — Spinneybeck Lichen; Spinneybeck Espresso
- Fabric Pattern — Custom blue plaid
- Carpet — Cappuccino wool
- Stitch Color — Chocolate brown
- Custom Trim — Woodgrain
- Steering Wheel — Momo Indy Wood
- Gauges — Nostalgia VT
- Audio — Alpine infotainment with wireless CarPlay
- Sound System — JL Audio sound system
- Additional — Wireless charging for mobile devices; USB ports; Rear A/C; Automatic headlights; Power front windows; Power locks sound system, and USB ports throughout.