For the next 12 months, racing fans, high-performance car buffs and other automotive enthusiasts can get up-close and personal with historic vehicles and articles from American automotive legend Steve Saleen at America’s Car Museum in Tacoma, Washington.
The exhibit, ‘Saleen: A Journey from the Heart of a Racer to America's Supercar’ spans over four decades of Saleen’s racing history. Visitors can enjoy a variety of historic vehicles on display, including Steve Saleen's personal racing machines, early Saleen Mustangs, the Saleen S7 (considered America's first supercar), and examples of the company's new Saleen 1 midengine turbocharged sports car and recently unveiled Saleen 1 GT4 concept race car. The exhibit initially features 17 Saleen vehicles, with additional cars rotating into the exhibit throughout the year-long display.
- 1976 March B Formula Atlantic race car driven by Steve Saleen
- 1984 Saleen Mustang
- 1987 Saleen Mustang race car
- 1988 March Indy Race Car driven by Steve Saleen
- 1992 Saleen Race Truck (winner of the SCCA RaceTruck Challenge)
- 1995 Saleen S351 Mustang
- 1996 Saleen Mustang Le Mans race car
- 2001 Saleen S7 supercar featured in the film "Bruce Almighty" (2003)
- 2004 Saleen SA-20 Mustang
- 2005 Ford GT (engineered and manufactured by Saleen under contract to Ford)
- 2005 Saleen Mustang featured as police Decepticon Barricade in "Transformers" (2007)
- 2006 Saleen S281 Mustang in "Molly Pop" hot pink
- 2014 Saleen SA-30 Mustang
- 2019 Saleen S302 Mustang "Black Label"
- 2020 Saleen Sportruck XR
- 2020 Saleen 1 sports car (street version)
- 2020 Saleen 1 GT4 concept race car
See some of the cars in the photo gallery below.