The Sport A/S is the first high-performance tire in the company’s flagship ADVAN line-up, according to Yokohama Tire.
“Drivers can expect exceptional handling and traction in all weather conditions-dry, rain and light snow-as well as superior ride comfort for a smooth, quiet drive,” said Andrew Briggs, director of marketing and product planning for Yokohama Tire.
The Sport A/S is available in 17-inch to 20-inch sizes and is applicable for performance vehicles from automakers such as Audi, BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Infiniti and Porsche.
“The ADVAN Sport A/S is all about dynamic all-season performance,” said Briggs. “We engineered the tire with sport and luxury car drivers in mind, who demand great performance all year round.”
Other features of the tire, according Yokohama Tire, include:
- An advanced compound composition enabling all-season handling with wear-resistance. Advanced polymers keep the tread pliable in cold temperatures, while extra silica provides superior wet and winter grip.
- Enhanced wet and snow traction resulting from the three straight grooves that evacuate water from the tread and a serpentine groove that provides a strong snow-shearing force. The wavy stripesoffer additional wet handling and the z-grooves add snow traction.
- Improved dry performance with extra-large outside shoulder blocks for better cornering, and two-in-one large blocks that maximizes stiffness for additional lateral stability.
- An optimized contact patch that helps to equalize pressure distribution where the tread contacts the road for long, even wear.
- Sidewall reinforcement designed higher up on the tire to deliver enhanced handling and four-pitch tread variation to reduce pattern noise.