VOXX CARLINK BT has hit the market.
CarLinkBT, announced by the company prior to the SEMA Show last year, is a Bluetooth module and smartphone app compatible with most popular remote start systems. When paired with the VOXX smartphone app, CarLinkBT transforms a user’s smartphone into a virtual transmitter, instantly giving remote access to the vehicle and a direct connection to OE-style safety and convenience services.
Once the CarLinkBT module is installed with a compatible remote start and/or factory keyless entry and the app is downloaded, the CarLinkBT Bluetooth Basic Service delivers access to the vehicle without the use of a transmitter. The CarLinkBT app provides users with remote access/start capabilities within Bluetooth range on up to 10 smartphones. Users also will have access to the CarLink Insurance Discount Program, according to VOXX.
Those interested in accessing their vehicle from anywhere in the world with no geographical limitations can upgrade to the CarLinkBT Cellular Basic Service.
The CarLinkBT Cellular Premium Service is an upgraded service plan that provides users with many of today’s most desired safety and convenience features directly from the CarLinkBT smartphone app, according to VOXX. Features include:
- E-Call Service — Provides 24/7 access for a one-touch call to dedicated emergency response call centers in the event of an emergency.
- Roadside Assistance — provides users with a dedicated 24/7 emergency call center running 24/7 to assist if a driver breaks down, runs out of gas, gets a flat tire, and more.
- Stolen Vehicle Assistance — Helps to locate the vehicle, and shares its location with local authorities to assist in vehicle recovery.
- Driver Safety — includes VOXX’s driver distraction Text Blocking App to reduce texting and driving while vehicle is in motion, the ability to set up to five Geo-Fences sending alerts when a vehicle enters or exits pre-determined zones, and Speed Alerts sending a notification if the vehicle should exceed a predetermined speed threshold.
- Location Services — includes On-Demand Vehicle Location to notify users of real-time vehicle location, as well as access to Trip Maps to view the path vehicle has traveled when enabled.
- Driver Scoring — provides reports to help improve driving habits and assist in driver coaching.