Horizon Global, the holding company of BULLDOG, Draw-Tite, and Reese brands, is nearing completion on a new, state-of-the-art distribution facility in Edgerton, Kansas.
The new facility will be the main hub for the Company’s Horizon Global Americas Division. The Edgerton location also will consolidate distribution into a more centrally located and larger facility, while simultaneously upgrading operations through automation and technology.
The Edgerton facility is part of the company’s larger distribution strategy and will be supported by strategically placed regional distribution facilities throughout the U.S., according to the company.
Horizon Global had been conducting a freight management and distribution study for some time and has selected Edgerton as an ideal location for the center of its distribution operations. When the Edgerton facility begins shipping to customers by the end of the year, it will provide improved delivery time and service levels, while also providing savings to the company and a more efficient distribution platform, according to Horizon Global.
Fast Facts from Horizon Global
- Horizon Global is home to some of the world’s most recognized brands in the towing and trailering industry, including BULLDOG, Draw-Tite, Fulton, Hayman Reese, Reese, ROLA, Tekonsha, and Westfalia
- The new Edgerton distribution facility will be over 512,000 square feet and will feature an Automatic Stock Retrieval System for the top 1,000 SKUs
- The new facility will be outfitted with state-of-the-art technology that will increase productivity and throughput speed for all customer orders
- The new facility will provide savings in transportation, inventory, and productivity while providing Horizon Global with a much larger facility that will be suited to handle future growth of the North American business
- South Bend, Indiana and Dallas locations will become part of the company’s network of smaller, regional facilities that will support the main Edgerton facility
- Edgerton is ideal in terms of the geographic location, available freight transportation options, talented workforce and quality of life choices for Horizon Global employees, as well as natural extension of the Company’s existing Midwest and North American footprints
- Horizon Global Americas and its brands will maintain a regional presence in both locations