EDITOR’S NOTE: The following post was originally printed by Race Sport Lighting
If you want to be successful with the lighting category you need to get back to basics- like email marketing. If you don’t send out email blasts here are eight reasons you should:
1) Penetration-There are more than 3.2-billion email accounts today; 95 percent of online consumers use email and, 91 percent check their email at least once a day
2) Life Span-Compared to many forms of marketing, email doesn’t die-it needs to be killed. Email sits there inside your subscriber’s inbox waiting to be acknowledged, even if it’s just to delete it, it requires of an action to end its life
3) Return-on-Investment-60 percent of marketers say email marketing is producing ROI and 32-percent believe it will eventually. For every $1 spent, $44.25 is the average return on email marketing investment
4) Analytics-Email has a set of solid metrics that have been the standard for years: growth, open rate, click rate, complaints, unsubscribes, and you can take it from there and even track sales and revenue. A simple formula can tell you what the monetary value of your email subscriber is
5) Engagement-You don’t usually hear the words email and engagement in the same sentence. Ask yourself this question: When was the last time a subscriber replied to one of your emails? If you are a small business, email needs to become the ultimate engagement vehicle, a true two-way street. We’re not talking about public engagement like Twitter or Facebook, we’re talking about one-on-one with prospects that have clearly expressed interest by joining your list
6) Promotional-77-percent prefer email to receive promotional content, while only 4-percent prefer Facebook, and LinkedIn users have zero-percent tolerance for promotional messages. In a recent study, 70 percent of recipients said they’ve used coupons and discounts from promotional email
7) Mobility-66 percent of Gmail messages are opened in mobile devices, 50 percent of all unique opens and 40 percent of all unique clicks happen on mobile
8) Personalization-”Email has the power to send one piece of content to thousands of people and still have some level of personalization. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg, segmentation of your list allows you to separate subscribers in different groups to send highly targeted messages depending on actions taken or specific times.
Race Sport Lighting has turn-key email marketing campaigns available for our dealers and distributing partners. For more information, visit https://www.racesportinc.com/Register.