PPG‘s booth will be constantly habited by auto industry celebrities during the Nov. 1-4 SEMA Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The PPG exhibit, booth No. 24601, will focus on the combination of advanced refinish products and custom builders.
Those spending time in the PPG booth, according to the company, include:
- Charley Hutton, Charley Hutton’s Color Studio-Hutton’s colorful work has earned him four Ridler Awards, the 2015 Barrett-Jackson Cup Ultimate Best of Show award, several Street Rod of the Year and Custom Rod of the Year awards, an America’s Most Beautiful Roadster (AMBR) award and other major prizes. Hutton uses only PPG products.
- Bobby Alloway, Alloway’s Hot Rod Shop-Alloway, a member of the National Rod & Custom Car Hall of Fame, builds street rods that represent absolute coolness. America’s Most Beautiful Roadster, Goodguys Street Rod and Street Machine of the Year and a Ridler honor are just a few of his awards. DELTRON coatings are Alloway’s paint preference.
- Tom and Mitch Kelly, Kelly & Son Crazy Painters-The Kellys are a major presence in Southern California’s cutting-edge car scene. Tom is a gifted striper and muralist; son Mitch is known for his fantastic paint designs. The Kellys choose VIBRANCE COLLECTION custom paint finishes to create their extraordinary design schemes.
- Darryl Hollenbeck, Vintage Color Studio-Hollenbeck is well-known to Northern California’s custom car set. He’s painted three AMBR winners and several Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance winners. Hollenbeck uses PPG products exclusively.
- Kenny Youngblood, Youngblood Art/Motorsport Gallery-Youngblood, known as “the father of modern day race car designs,” is one of drag racing’s most talented graphic artists. His gallery showcases his work along with that of other top artists in the field. His work has been featured in numerous motorsport publications and on various TV shows including Monster Garage.
- Mark Worman and Will Scott, Graveyard Carz-Worman and Scott can be seen on Graveyard Carz, a reality show on the Velocity Channel that focuses on Worman’s collision shop, Welby’s Car Care in Springfield, Oregon. Worman is the shop owner; Scott is the painter. They work primarily on Plymouth and Dodge muscle cars. PPG is their paint of choice.
- Racer Joey Logano-Team Penske NASCAR Sprint Series driver, along with a representative from John Force Racing, will be in the booth sharing on-track adventures. Both teams use PPG products for their cars.
Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles
In addition to the stars listed above, PPG will showcase an array of cars, trucks and bikes:
- Charley Hutton’s Ridler award winner “Olds Cool”
- Darryl Hollenbeck’s Ford, named America’s Most Beautiful Roadster
- Ryan Korek’s merlot red International pickup dubbed “Eight Dollar Corn”
- Jerry Kjensrud’s Chevy, “Halo,” Grand National Roadster Show award winner
- Nathan Curry’s debut of his tribute motorcycle
- Joe Ballard’s multiple award-winning tribute custom bike
- PPG also will be honoring the Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA).
PPG Celebrity Appearance Schedule
- 10-11 a.m.-Charley Hutton, Charley Hutton’s Color Studio
- 11 a.m.-noon-Mark Worman and Will Scott, Graveyard Carz
- Noon-1 p.m.-Kenny Youngblood, Youngblood Art
- 1:30-2 p.m.-Darryl Hollenbeck, Vintage Color Studio
- 2:30-3:30 p.m.-Tom and Mitch Kelly, Kelly & Son Crazy Painters
- 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.-John Force Racing
- 10-10:30 a.m.-Darryl Hollenbeck, Vintage Color Studio
- 11 a.m.-noon-Bobby Alloway, Alloway’s Hot Rod Shop
- 1-2 p.m.-Charley Hutton, Charley Hutton’s Color Studio
- 3-4 p.m.-Kenny Youngblood, Youngblood Art
- 10-11 a.m.-Kenny Youngblood, Youngblood Art
- Noon-12:45 p.m.-Joey Logano, Penske Racing
- 1-2 p.m.-Bobby Alloway, Alloway’s Hot Rod Shop
- 3-4 p.m.-Tom and Mitch Kelly, Kelly & Son Crazy Painters
- 10-11 a.m.-Tom and Mitch Kelly, Kelly & Son Crazy Painters
- 11 a.m.-noon-Charley Hutton, Charley Hutton’s Color Studio