*See portraits of the staff in the photo gallery below
Paul’s Rods & Restos in Deer Park, New York has promoted several staff members to the newly established position of team leader.
New team leaders include:
- Dan Reid, whose responsibilities include overseeing customer service, quality control, paint shop management and operations assistance. Reid, who started with the organization 10 years ago as a shop assistant, previously held the title of shop Manager.
- Milton Cintron, whose responsibilities include quality control, supervision of metal shop technicians and custom metal fabrication. He was promoted from the position of fabrication technician, which he has held for the past eight years. Prior to joining Paul’s, Cintron served as a technician with Newton Collision in Brentwood, New York.
- Paul Hernandez, whose responsibilities are to assure efficient final assembly, supervise final assembly technicians, and quality control. He previously held the title of final assembly technician. Hernandez joined Paul’s almost five years ago as a general technician. Before joining Paul’s, he owned and operated Heeter’s Hot Rods in Driggs, Idaho.
- Jeffrey DiMartino, whose responsibilities include quality control, mentoring other technicians and customer service. He previously served as mechanic team leader.
- Perry Brown, whose new role will entail continuing to build cars from scratch, headers and exhaust, as well as overseeing exhaust technicians and assuring the quality of all headers, exhausts and ground-up builds. He has been with Paul’s for the past 18 months serving as header and exhaust technician. Prior to joiniing Paul’s, Brown was the owner of J&T Fabrication in New York City.
- Troy Sessions, whose new role will include giving guidance to other technicians to improve efficiency and productivity, as well as overseeing quality control. He began with Paul’s nine months ago as a general technician and subsequently became a shop technician. His previous position was as a technician with Sal’s Rods and Custom in Riverhead, New York.
- Albert Bermas, who oversees repairs, quality control and customer service. Bermas previously served as a technician repairing and restoring automobiles. Prior to joining Paul’s, he was the Service Manager at North Shore Auto Body & Towing in Great Neck, New York and also served as master technician with Aston Martin of Long Island in Port Washington, New York.