The auto industry is still quaking following Tesla’s introduction of its $35,000 Model 3.
Could this be the car that changes the auto industry’s trajectory-¦forever? The car’s pre-sale figures seem to suggest that that really might be the case. But, before we get too far ahead of ourselves, THE SHOP has handpicked a few news and opinion articles from across the web for a well-rounded scope of all-things Tesla Model 3.
- You heard that right-”it’s only been a little more than a week and Model 3 pre-orders have already exceeded $11 billion, according to Autoweek, and the company has raised $325 million in refundable deposits.
- The competitive juices are flowing. USA Today reports that this top General Motors executive took to the pulpit to deliver some shots at Tesla Motors during a speech in Detroit.
- U.S. News & World Report (and everyone else) is asking, can Tesla deliver on its Model 3 buzz?
- BGR, meanwhile, reminds us that many hurdles, concerns and questions still obstruct the Model 3‘s path to the road.
- And, for future forecasting-sakes, the Chicago Tribune attempts to tackle the question, can The Tesla Jolt resurrect yester-year’s big dreams for the electric car? Or will this fringe market end all-a-sputter?