Rears & Gears (RNG) presented by Tech AFX, set for April 20, was established by designer Murray Pfaff as a quarterly gathering of aesthetically and mechanically inclined automotive professionals and business owners looking to explore, collaborate, and share emerging technology and trends while paying homage to our automotive heritage. The event is set for 6-11 p.m. on April 20 at the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant, the setting where the first Model T was built.
RNG aspires to promote creativity and the pursuit of discovery and application of new ideas, while showcasing the talent of artisans and engineers alike, according to Pfaff. The goal is to provide new and thought provoking experiences for the individual.
Registration is $25 per person prior to the event or $30 at the door.
Event Highlights, according to RNG organizers, include:
- RNG Pinewood Derby presented by M1 Concourse. This is a race for the grown-ups, so ask the kids if you can borrow the car for the night. Races will be conducted according to BSA rules, but a side run will be provided for those who may have built cars outside of the rules.
- The Synergeering Group, experts in cutting-edge 3D printing technology, will explain what a local Ram pickup has in common with NASA
- The museum at Piquette has over 30 cars on display ranging from 1904- 2004, and they are not all made by Ford
- Kart 2 Kart will a racing simulator on hand for anyone to try
- To help support the museum, a raffle will giveaway a BAK Industries Revolver X2 tonneau of the winner’s choice
- Motor City Auto Spa will give a demo on polishing your ride for spring time cruising
- Valentine Vodka tasting
- Food from Slow’s BBQ
- Pinup contest.